What the hell is goin on in Jimmy's Barn (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Photo Feb 05, 14 17 15.jpg

Here's the tire info. Not sure what wheels those are, I'll have to do more research and add info as I find it. Purchased this FJ60 about 4 days ago, so I'm still coming up to speed also!

Well the last time we checked in with Jimmy's Barn, Jim was finishing up a gearbox rebuild. Tonight, he's preparing Frankenstein for a heart transplant. Swapping a 2F for a 12HT last I heard.

IMG_8963.JPG

Out with the old... and soon, in with the new! Man that 2F looks pretty clean :)

Well the last time we checked in with Jimmy's Barn, Jim was finishing up a gearbox rebuild. Tonight, he's preparing Frankenstein for a heart transplant. Swapping a 2F for a 12HT last I heard.

View attachment 1416826

Out with the old... and soon, in with the new! Man that 2F looks pretty clean :)
Ryan, that 2F is going in Addisons 60. Should have it out by tomorrow and start dropping this one in. The great thing about this 2F is it's the one that came in McGuires rig when we got it from his grandfather. I used it for several years and then MJ and I rebuilt it when he was 15 and then he used it for a couple years. He pulled it when he did the 12HT swap. It has roughly 30K on it. Should serve MJ's younger brother well.

IMG_9931.JPG
Ryan, that 2F is going in Addisons 60. Should have it out by tomorrow and start dropping this one in. The great thing about this 2F is it's the one that came in McGuires rig when we got it from his grandfather. I used it for several years and then MJ and I rebuilt it when he was 15 and then he used it for a couple years. He pulled it when he did the 12HT swap. It has roughly 30K on it. Should serve MJ's younger brother well.
forgot to document :)

Another gearbox rebuild today. This time on early year 83 power steering gearbox. Thanks @NeverGiveUpYota for the tip on how to get that double rubber/teflon "O" ring seated man that is the biggest pain of the entire project. The trick is to pop the washer and snap ring on top of the rubber o-ring to prevent it from slipping up when you put the teflon ring in. It's still a delicate process... but the easiest method we found so far.

IMG_9173.JPG
IMG_9174.JPG
IMG_9179.JPG
IMG_9181.JPG

Meanwhile.... Jim is finishing up the sanding and light body work on the doors for his 12HT Frankenstein build...

image.jpg

Thanks for calling and letting my amazing Wonder Woman cruiser powers assist you. ;) It was a joy to help via FaceTime.
Like I said, it was a quick guess to place the washer in to hold the o ring from wiggling around then add the teflon ring after. It worked!

Here's the finished product. Interesting that there was one o-ring that was missing from my Toyota kit, and then one o-ring leftover that didn't have a home. I wonder if this was a packaging mistake? Anyone else use a Toyota rebuild kit that came with missing or extra seals?

IMG_9185.JPG

Looks great, man! Wish I could've gone out there. I was helping my best man from my wedding put the roof on his new addition to his house and install windows. They're having their second child today.

Now I see what all the San Antonio cruiserheads do on the weekends. Go play in a barn. :hillbilly:

Took the day off and did some work in Jimmy's barn. We prepped the roof and cut the insulation to glue it up. I didn't get any pics, butwe used @Aloha Jen 's build thread for inspiration, so go there if you want to see beautiful pics (of the cruiser) ;)

@davelovesfjs came by later in the afternoon and rolled his truck into the barn's East Wing with his newly rebuilt Jim C. Carb and some new parts from @beno

IMG_9482.JPG

Man... after a quick timing adjustment... what a difference a rebuilt carb makes. It's like a new truck.

IMG_9484.JPG

The countdown to the Solid Axel Summit is on. We are just inside 30 days now. I decided to go over to Jimmy's Barn yesterday and lend a hand to try and add another gear to Jimmy's Frankenstein build. We gotta get this Cruiser done before we leave for Colorado next month!

Jimmy was wet sanding doors while I dove in to re-upholster his seats.

IMG_0600.JPG

Interesting side note... after I skinned some old covers off the driver's seat, I discovered this interesting wear pattern in the foam...

IMG_0601.JPG

Needless to say, we sourced some other foam from Jimmy's Pic n' Pull and preserved this one to Auction on eBay or sell here on Mud. Anybody interested?

Anybody?

No?

:D

I need it for my wall. That way everyone knows how big my schlong and balls really are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom