Has anyone installed Cruiserparts 3FE conversion package into a 40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just as the title says, has anyone put the 3FE conversion that Cruiserparts.net sells into an FJ40?

This is a very similar question someone asked in 2008 and at that time no one chimed an that they had. See here: Cruiserparts.net Drop In 3FE to FJ40

So instead of bumping a 9 year old thread, here's a new one that will hopefully yield some responses from people with first hand experience with Cruiserparts' kit.

I know people have done 3FE swaps for cheaper and they seem to be to be fairly involved. There are plenty of posts about people pulling they're own 3FE and wiring harness and figuring it out.

I'd like to know if the wiring harness and whatnot they provide makes the install any simpler. Are they providing a quality product?

I read as many 3FE threads as I could find, and have not come across anyone who bought the kit. Though, CruiserParts wouldn't have it listed if no one ever bought one, so I'm sure some have been sold. Many people have been tempted to, and it would make the part-gathering process easier. I'm mid-swap now, but it turned into a frame off of sorts.

I found it cheaper to buy a used FJ62 with a busted auto transmission and pull all the bits myself. Ended up keeping all the engine components, fine spline differentials, the split tcase, beefier driveshafts, disc brake knuckles, parking brake handle/cable/hardware, hand throttle, tons of wire and connectors, and ~$750 cash from various parts I sold off before giving the rolling carcass away. All in all, I got a lot out of the process, both in knowledge and parts. I think I gave $1700 for the whole rig + $400 to have the guy drop it off at my place, this would have been in 2015 I think?

Last edited:
are you looking at making a 2FE?

make sure you have flat top pistons in your block.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom