What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you adjust the open/close scheduling of the thermal valve on the fan clutch?

Nope...Tools said leave it and just add 45ml of 10K...I do not argue with Tools ;)

Would love to see at picture tire leveling kit installed. Been thinking about buying one

Here are some pics:

Before:
20170323_073438.jpg

After:
20170325_174208.jpg
20170325_174223.jpg
20170325_174236.jpg

If you torqued your lower steering arm stud at 60lbs they are still loose:flipoff2:FSM wants to see 71lbs;)

The nuts are set at 71 lbs per FSM, the studs didn't have a torque value but I saw a conversation on here regarding those studs and the concensus was 60 lbs based on the stud diameter and hardness per the table in the front of the FSM. Im not 100% sure if that's correct but it sure is better than hand tight.

Was supposed to go wheeling. Thought it was on sunday....it was today. Doah.

IMG_3575.JPG
IMG_3579.JPG
Technically it took a few weekends but it's done now.... No more tired TRE wobble..

IMG_3578.JPG

Last edited:
I battled placement of my 2800. The locations I thought of were behind the center console. To the side of the center console if I gave up the cup holder, or below the single din stereo.

That said opted to go to a 8800 with removable face and bolted in front of the shifters and left the head unit under the seat.

I made a really simple bracket for my Icom a short while ago and used up some dead space... Viewing angle of the screen is great, and it's out of the way.

image.jpeg

Not sure if I posted the video link earlier?

✔️

Did a little maintenance. Did the vc120 charcoal canister, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor. Ran out of time for o2 sensors and fuel filter. Seems to start quicker and run stronger with the above done. Also, not getting pressure from tank like I used to have after CC install.

I've resisted for years but my inner nerd has grown in strength and I picked up a new HAM radio. Kenwood TM-281. Don't judge me. :)
Now to find a place to mount it. Any ideas?

I just installed my Yaesu the other day, and decided to lose the cup holder that is on the side of the console. I just used existing holes, so it's 100% reversible if I decide I don't like it there. I wish there was room in the 95+ dash to mount it like @MrMoMo did, because that would be much more convenient.

I don't mind when the radio is mounted on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel, but I have a Panavise phone mount and a @bhicks cup holder that make that location too crowded for a radio.

No pics yet.

I've resisted for years but my inner nerd has grown in strength and I picked up a new HAM radio. Kenwood TM-281. Don't judge me. :)
Now to find a place to mount it. Any ideas?
I like to bang my knees on things so I installed it under the steering wheel to the left! :bang: Now that I installed Landtank's seat extensions it's not as bad. It's fairly easy to see and reach too. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow.

Replaced the valve cover gasket, fuel filter, and PHH today. Also cleaned the throttle body and intake plenum to start chasing my P0401.

:censor: the bolt that holds the PHH bypass tube to the rear of the fuel rail.

IMG_4382.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom