Fj80 2.5" ome lift heavy (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With a moto on back you may want the Heavy. It will ride like a brick when you aren't loaded, though. I liked my heavy fr, med back setup, except I would drag ars when I went wheeling with all my overland gear in back. I think a medium rear with coil airbag helper would be a pretty nice set-up if you're mostly driving around town and sometimes on trail.

With a moto on back you may want the Heavy. It will ride like a brick when you aren't loaded, though. I liked my heavy fr, med back setup, except I would drag ars when I went wheeling with all my overland gear in back. I think a medium rear with coil airbag helper would be a pretty nice set-up if you're mostly driving around town and sometimes on trail.

I'll see how it feels hopefully tomorrow I'll have it done and to the shop for alignment. Ether way if I'm not digging it I will let you know if you'd be will invite swap straight across? Where are you located?

IMG_20160626_092720390.jpg
I've never heard of the brush gaurd doing more damage in a collision. I will post a pic. Thank you sir

Is that what you were referring to?

Yessir, that there will fold against the hood edge, catch a headlight or both, and all because it leverages back & up if struck by another car, or if you pop something.

If you use the lights, mount them to the topside of the factory tin bumper until you get your real steel unit installed.

Looks loke a '97 40th Anniversary Edition too - right down to the correct painted wheels. It would be a shame to hear you got tagfed by some kid in a Civic that crumpled that brush guard into your full grill & all the above.

Nice 80!

Never realized the brush guard things leave the factory bumper on. I'm putting a bump-it-offroad tube model on. My factory sheet metal bumper is all bent and f'd up. Need something a little beefy up there.

Yessir, that there will fold against the hood edge, catch a headlight or both, and all because it leverages back & up if struck by another car, or if you pop something.

If you use the lights, mount them to the topside of the factory tin bumper until you get your real steel unit installed.

Looks loke a '97 40th Anniversary Edition too - right down to the correct painted wheels. It would be a shame to hear you got tagfed by some kid in a Civic that crumpled that brush guard into your full grill & all the above.

Nice 80!

Will do. And thank you for the lesson. It is a 40th and it looks a hell of alot better today lol

IMG_20170324_070200668.jpg

Get rid of the taillight "guards" too. They do the same thing in reverse. Otr if you catch a tree branch from the front and try to rip on off. It causes damage that wouldn't have happened at all if it wasn't there.

ARB and Slee Off Road makes great bumpers for these that are bolt-on and can support hitting local livestock on the highway as well as the occasional Subaru.

Get rid of the taillight "guards" too. They do the same thing in reverse. Otr if you catch a tree branch from the front and try to rip on off. It causes damage that wouldn't have happened at all if it wasn't there.

ARB and Slee Off Road makes great bumpers for these that are bolt-on and can support hitting local livestock on the highway as well as the occasional Subaru.

Nice 80!

Looking pretty sharp!

Yeah, ditching the Waag brush parts & going on with any other steel bumper(s) & you'll be fully "in the mix" with the rest of us! (For better or worse :D)

Srsly, looks like an exceptionally nice '97 & hope you appreciate what you have - yours is nice enough NOT to beat up.

Looking pretty sharp!

Yeah, ditching the Waag brush parts & going on with any other steel bumper(s) & you'll be fully "in the mix" with the rest of us! (For better or worse :D)

Srsly, looks like an exceptionally nice '97 & hope you appreciate what you have - yours is nice enough NOT to beat up.
I

Thanks. Surprisingly I haven't buggered it up. Considering I bought when I was alot younger and dumber lol. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom