Cup Holders? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Diggin this, nice work!

My install was complicated a tad as I have aftermarket seats that are wider than the standard bucket. This forces the cup holder to the right a bit (in my RHD BJ74 fwiw) and into the shift console. Some minor die grinder action and it's good to go. Thanks again!

View attachment 1427777

View attachment 1427778
So the RHD looks like it would also benefit with the phone on the opposite side for the folks with an automatic. I didn't account for the aftermarket seats but if the phone was on the other side that would have allowed you to move the cup holder over another 1/2" and prevented the grinding. Do you see any issue if I moved the phone mount to other side?

Possible parking brake handle clash.

So the RHD looks like it would also benefit with the phone on the opposite side for the folks with an automatic. I didn't account for the aftermarket seats but if the phone was on the other side that would have allowed you to move the cup holder over another 1/2" and prevented the grinding. Do you see any issue if I moved the phone mount to other side?

Nope, it may have been just enough to not have to trim the holder.

can you please mention the length and width of the cup holders as they are now (the two variants) ?

can you please mention the length and width of the cup holders as they are now (the two variants) ?
The floor mounted version and the console mounted version are the same length and width which is 8.75" x 4". That includes the width of the cell phone slot.

Just wanted to give all the 70 series guys a heads up. I am expanding the 70 series cup holders to a new vendor. I'm adding an east coast vendor www.oddironoffroad.com to the cup holders. You can now buy the cup holder through the Odd Iron Offroad guys or through me. If your in their area and want to see them in person or pick up in person then you now have that option. They specialize in 70 series rigs and can also install the cup holder when you drop your 70 off for work. They are great guys and I'm excited to partner with them. Eventually I will remove the cup holders from my website and Odd Iron Offroad will be the only vendor you can order from. I will post a link to the new product page soon.

Last edited:
Alright guys the 70 series cup holders are now up on Odd Iron Offroad's website. Here's the link:
STORE
Pricing is the same as my site. Now we got the East and West coast covered. Looks like it's time to focus on the international community now that there is two of us that can get these shipped out.

image.jpeg
Thanks.......

Here are a couple of pictures from my 1985 BJ70 (LHD, manual). Importantly, note the ridge that transversely crosses the main transmission hump. You might be able to use it to help secure the cup holder (like I did on my home-brew version - see second photo, with the felt-wrapped blocks of wood)
Hope this helps,
CView attachment 1375420View attachment 1375422

This looks like the interior set-up of my 86 LJ70 as well.

Just to give the 70 series guys a heads up; I will be removing the 70 series cup holders from my website at the end of this month. As of May 1st the only place to buy them will be at Odd Iron Offroad. My website will still show the product but when you click to go to the product it will simply route you to there site and cup holder product page. Here is the link that I will be using and the link to the new 70 series cup holder product page.
STORE

Last edited:
Can we order the grey via Odd Iron or only black?

Can we order the grey via Odd Iron or only black?
I believe they're only available in black but some have painted them to match their particular interior. I think Dan painted his to match his interior.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom