LX 470 4wd drove system vs GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

084runnerltd

SILVER Star
Threads
hi all,

It has been a few years since I sold my locked lx450 for a H1...I bet you all knew I would be back.

Anyway, I am looking at a 1999 LX 470 with 219k on it. The AHC has been swapped to "liftmaster" (I believe). Also, it has tons of maintenance records and all the parts needed for the timing belt replacements. Asking 5,500

Wondering is there any difference in the 4wd systems of the two? Seems that both are full time 4wd (with open doffs, of course), and both have a center diff lock....??

I will likely build the truck up with a mild lift and bigger wheels.

As for the GX, it is a 03 with 178k, soccer mom owner, but the timing belt has never been replaced. Asking 7k

Thanks all, I know the basic differences, one is a 4Runner and the other a land cruiser....but was just wonder more about the technical aspects and if there would be any performance differences when rock crawling, barreling through snow, etc...

On the 100, the center differential is an OPEN type. The GX470 has a Torsen T3 center differential. Both types are lockable and are functionally the same, in locked mode.

I did this research years ago if I remember right there were some plastic pieces in the GX drivetrain where in the LX it was metal definitely a beefier build in the LX

I did this research years ago if I remember right there were some plastic pieces in the GX drivetrain where in the LX it was metal definitely a beefier build in the LX
I think it was the transmission that had some plastic pieces where the LX was all metal

Perfect, I passed on the GX and likely getting the LX as long as it checks out!

Build to come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom