Hood and windshield latch color (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hobbes

SILVER Star
Threads
On a 1974 FJ40, what factory color are the latches holding down the hood and for the windshield? Pictures seem all over the place. I'm guessing they are both same pewter as the interior color, but not positive. I just got new windshield hold downs and I am certain I don't leave them bare. My hood latches are body color, but that's probably incorrect.

Thanks...
IMG_2256.JPG

OEM color for latches was body color.

Some folks buy stainless steel and leave them natural, others go "nuts" with powder coating (or maybe just use up excess powder) and then no longer match body color.

Oh, and by the way, beautiful paint job!

Thanks on the paint job. Dune beige. I wouldn't do single stage like this again.

I really thought I saw silver in some brochures. I'll see if I can find any.

Edit: From the brochure thread, it looks like body color on page 1 for a 1974. I do see black and silver for other years though. All Land Cruisers Manuals, Factory Lit, etc.

Last edited:
I think 57 to early to early 70's were body color, after that they are silver (oem is not stainless )

There are 2 types of hood hold down, early had just 1 rubber bumper on the outside(not body side), newer has a bumper on outside and body side.

Window hold downs, at least 2 types. One goes forward, other towards window, they are different even though they look similar

Yes. Mine are high side forward. I actually used to drop the windshield so I know that works.

Thanks. It's coming slowly. Got the fender lights on today. Light buckets next. Ignore my non-shiny wheels.

IMG_2257.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom