Builds Skips FJ 35 BUILD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice. Even a solid design moves when welding. I tend to get in a hurry and it takes longer fixing my mistakes.

You can weld things and not have it move. Like you said you have to go slow. The welding I have left is light stuff won't effect the overall.

nicely done.

TNX SBG I got slowed down with the new shop, up and running now I am ready to go at it again. I am pleased with the frame came out nice and a great platform to continue. Want to keep the momentum going however I go back to work starting 4-6 to make some more $ to keep this insanity going. Should make enough to keep the well from going dry for awhile. Luke at 4x4 Labs is going to do a simple roll cage for me so that will be the next hurdle. Then back home for the 606 install along with the axel's.

I wasn't inferring that it would change but that you must have sent serious skills. :)
TNX for the complement, I work hard at not screwing things up and moving forward. I was a shop teacher in the past made many mistakes in my lifetime. I tried to learned from them. Never quite learning.

Here I am working on the frame fitting the rear cross member along with grinding welds oh joy.
IMG_1091.JPG
Beautiful Cali sun about 72 degrees keep inching away.

Hey pep's
Worked on the top of the frame and finished the front and spot sandblasted the areas that needed it. Finished finally, my son Buzz came over before dinner and helped me flip it over so I can check on any welding that need to happen. The most important thing is to blast the bottom side hard to get to upside down. The tub and frame goes up to Luke at 4x4 Labs Friday for the roll cagefabing. It will be a simple no frills addition. Excited about that will keep you posted on that process as it happen's, till later...

IMG_1127.JPG
IMG_1126.JPG
Finished the sandblasting with a bunch of stop and go's. Darn sand wasn't cleaned well had small rocks in it which caused the tip to clog. However I prevailed and finished up with a coat of metal prep to keep the rust Beatles away. Glad It is done one of those days, onward to Friday.

Frame has been up at 4x4 Labs
I am back to work in Sacramento
Till June 15th so things are in Luke's hands. Still I will be able to get some stuff done on the weekends on the rear ends.

IMG_1202.JPG
Here we go again after a long siesta, in front of Luke's at 4x4 Labs getting ready to slide it into the shop for a simple roll cage. I will have more pics as the work progresses. Frame is there also so it can all be brought together. After the roll cage bring it home and start getting it to the roller stage.

IMG_1203.JPG
IMG_1205.JPG
We have here the front hooks that I had some 3/4" plate cut to the outline of the base of the hooks. Will tap for 5/8" bolts and weld these special 3/4" plates to the frame. Along with the 8274 wench I think they will make a statement.

Last edited:
As you see in in the first portion I have new floor sheet metal for the bed I had bent up. And finally getting it to the done stage for the center section. i will do Two complete 45 beds while I am in the process one for the 40-45 and one for ol red keep plunking along.

Hi Pep’s
Back at it found some more $
And putting it to good use. Been working sense September saving seriously for the occasion.
Ordered the front end from Rough Stuff they had a Black Friday sale. Rear was done by them awhile back, both units will have 80 Elockers and are Fj 60 width. Georg has the third members at his place in Stockton putting new bearings seals as needed so I won’t have to worry. Additionally when the housings are done he will assemble them with the right parts. Frame is coming home soon so I should have it on wheels in January finally getting rolling. I have most of the parts in my shop stored in shelves no excuses left.

View attachment 1580887 View attachment 1580887 Hi View attachment 1580887 A great piece I got from Mark at marks OffRoad he pulled it out of his stash and I am appreciative of his share, it will go on the front of this project along with the thunderbird I got from him and sense got it chromed so what do I call it now a 28, 35 or still a hybrid 45 you guys help me decide. The color is going to be 6H9 gray green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom