Got New Shoes! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you for this post! Tire/lift shopping now and this HELPS. Tires look great. I have been looking at the KM2's but this might be a winner.

You might also check out these Ironman All Country MTs. They were my other option, but they don't come in a 305/70 16. They're made by Hercules Tire and look a lot like the KM2s. Had good reviews from what I found. Great price on them as well.
AR-141109919_zpsl1krh26c.jpg

How do the 33" tires work? Your Cruiser looks like it sits about where mine does, and I'm debating between getting 31" tires like I currently have, or going with 33". I have 3.73 gearing with an H41, so with 33" tires this thing should really crawl! :cool:

How do the 33" tires work? Your Cruiser looks like it sits about where mine does, and I'm debating between getting 31" tires like I currently have, or going with 33". I have 3.73 gearing with an H41, so with 33" tires this thing should really crawl! :cool:

Tires are working great. I almost wish I would've gone bigger, but they would probably rub the suspension or steering without different wheels.

I have the stock 4.10s and 4spd transmission. It's pretty low geared, so I still usually start out in 2nd gear when cruising around town. It did help my highway cruising. The motor isn't screaming at 65mph like it used to with the small tires it came with when I bought it (235/75 15s). I haven't really noticed any lag in power since it's so low geared to begin with.

I have a 4" Rough Country leaf spring kit. It's not close to rubbing the body anywhere. Rubbing on suspension or steering would be the first issue I can see, but I have no clearance issues currently. A narrower tire would solve that. The 305s are 12"wide.

Always go bigger. You'll regret it later if you don't! LoL

Tires are working great. I almost wish I would've gone bigger, but they would probably rub the suspension or steering without different wheels.

I have the stock 4.10s and 4spd transmission. It's pretty low geared, so I still usually start out in 2nd gear when cruising around town. It did help my highway cruising. The motor isn't screaming at 65mph like it used to with the small tires it came with when I bought it (235/75 15s). I haven't really noticed any lag in power since it's so low geared to begin with.

I have a 4" Rough Country leaf spring kit. It's not close to rubbing the body anywhere. Rubbing on suspension or steering would be the first issue I can see, but I have no clearance issues currently. A narrower tire would solve that. The 305s are 12"wide.

Always go bigger. You'll regret it later if you don't! LoL
Thanks for the update. In looking at the numbers, your 4.10 rear end is about 9% lower geared than my 3.73, and the 32.8" tire is about 6% bigger than the 31" tires I'm running now. That means (according to this RPM calculator) that you are now turning 100 rpm higher at 60 mph on the 305/70R16's, as I am on my 31" tires.
I've never thought of my transmission as particularly low, since it's geared higher than the R150F transmission in my '99 Tacoma 5-speed (3.55:1 vs. 3.83:1).
I think I'll probably go with the 31's again, just because I don't want to have issues with rubbing parts when off-roading. I also don't want an even worse crawl ratio than I already have!

It's a Smittybilt fold and tumble vinyl bench seat. Caught it on sale for $150 online, but I think they're normally $200+. Winch works great. It will pull anything! I've got about an inch and a half of clearance from the tie end on the drag link all full turn. I've also got a 1 1/4" bolt on wheel spacer to make the rims fit. They were originally for my Tacoma and have 4.5 inch backspacing and wouldn't fit without them.
IMG_20170321_153854_zpsvm34hnjb.jpg

I'd really like to put some Milestar Patagonia's on my FJ40, but I'm having a hard time finding wheels to work.

I have a set of wheels for a 1998 Tacoma/Forerunner, but the backspacing doesn't work, and the Tacoma wheels use a flat lug nut, whereas the FJ40 uses an acorn type nut.

How have these tires, wheels and spacers worked out for you? With a couple of years on them, I expect any issues would have shown up by now.

I'd really like to put some Milestar Patagonia's on my FJ40, but I'm having a hard time finding wheels to work.

I have a set of wheels for a 1998 Tacoma/Forerunner, but the backspacing doesn't work, and the Tacoma wheels use a flat lug nut, whereas the FJ40 uses an acorn type nut.

How have these tires, wheels and spacers worked out for you? With a couple of years on them, I expect any issues would have shown up by now.

I haven't had any issues. I used 1.5" spacers. I didn't want to go too much more than that. Torque them to spec and retourque after a few hundred miles.

It's hard to find any wheels over 15" that will have the proper backspace and offset. At least in my searching. Lug nuts don't matter. Just get the ones that fit the wheels. The vehicle doesn't matter. They're all just wheel studs. Tires are great and look even better in person. No issues with them. The wheels case from my '01 Tacoma. I will change them one day.

I have had great luck with ProComp tires on my everyday vehicle, The first generation of the Xtreme M/T. I have BFG KM2's on my cruiser for lite wheeling with a set of aluminum wheels and a set of steel wheels with the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's, don't like the MT/R's for the street as I feel they wear too fast. Just ordered the KO2's for the wife's 4runner. BFG is the tape measure I use for every other tire. Good luck with the Milestars, hope to hear good things from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom