Where to tap ignition and illumination power for switches? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm almost done with an ARB compressor install and the last step is to wire the dash switch to ignition and illumination power. How do folks typically do this? I'm installing the switch in one of the open spots in the driver side kick panel. I tried searching but surprisingly didn't find a thread with this info. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
For illumination, I just jumped a pin to the illumination wire in harnesses next to it. I think it was the mirror harness, just strip the wire and sneak it in the back of the harness snuggly. Probably could do the same for any switched 12v to grab a power wire.

I grabbed ignition power from the fuse block by the driver kick panel. There was an empty slot so I used one of those fuse tap deals. For illumination I pulled the stock switches out and saw that they were all grabbing illumination from one location. They all had dark green wires running to one of those brownish bulb looking deals on the left. Just let your new switches' illumination wires join that party. Also verify with a voltmeter just in case your colors are different.
IMG_20170318_161839213.jpg

Got it all wired up today using a fuse tap and brown bulb looking thing. Thanks for the suggestion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom