Builds Rustynailjustin's Baja FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Version 2.0 coming together

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

First test run for camping was a success! Please note there is not even a windshield in but I laugh. Couldn't wait to test run.

image.jpg
image.jpg

This picture was taken about 2 weeks ago in Johnson Valley , CA @landcrusher909 and @JackA and I living the dream at King of the Hammers.

image.jpg

I race 4600 class in Ultra4 Racing. That is stock class. If you are not familiar with this type of racing, it's basically the mixed martial arts of desert racing. Combining high speed desert sections to extremely challenging rock trails. This race in particular has been dubbed the toughest 1 day off road race in the world.
Here is a video my brother just put together of our 10 days at the race. There is a fair amount with us just out doing some shock tuning and prep but there is some good video of our FJ45s too! Video is under 5 min long.
@landcrusher909 and @JackA you guys are in this video.

Just saw this on the ol' interwebs
Posted by Peter Sadtler. I don't know his username on here.

FB_IMG_1488042509337.jpg

Cool to reread your build. What a privilege to drive this bad boy a few weeks back at KOH. Truck turned out great. Bummer we didn't get to wheel the 45s together but we will meet up again.:cheers:

Should be some stuff coming up in Petersons and Toyota Owners soon , both cought me at KOH.

So is it going up for sale soon? This feels like click bait

I agree that this thread doesn't have much personality. Just like my very first post says. I posted it here to hopefully answer a few questions for people. I started a build thread on Pirate several years ago. People see that or see this rig some other way and I get alot of how is this set up type questions or why is the diff on the driver side. Thought by cross posting I may help answer some stuff. And of course to share my love of Land Cruisers and what I have done to a few of them. This 45 has been in my life for over a decade, it's part of my collection.

So the down pipe doesn't melt the shackle bushing being that close? What was your wms to wms on the front when you were done? Can you explain a little more how you got the knuckles to slide into the rear housing? You said something about turning them down I think earlier...

No issues with the down pipe melting the bushings. I have felt it a few times and it's just warm to the touch, the spring hanger that is.
WMS is stock FJ60 front. I unded up just flipping a 60 front and rotating the knuckles.
If I had to do it again I would buy a diamond housing.

Cool truck!

I only have one question, when is it going to Baja!?

Cheers

We are planning on racing my 4600 class car in the 1000 this year. If that happens there is a chance we will take it. In reality I would like to take it down a different time to enjoy some of the beaches and run the west coast of Baja under more laid back situation. Originally I thought about racing then taking the 45 back North but I know after the 1000 I will be ready to go home.

We are planning on racing my 4600 class car in the 1000 this year. If that happens there is a chance we will take it. In reality I would like to take it down a different time to enjoy some of the beaches and run the west coast of Baja under more laid back situation. Originally I thought about racing then taking the 45 back North but I know after the 1000 I will be ready to go home.

No worries, I been down a fair amount. Really love Baja. Happy to share some secret spots with ya but only in pm. Pretty sweet 4wd roads, camping spots and more. If you are ever interested in that just shoot me a pm.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom