Builds Won a '74 40 on a coin toss... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How do you install the weatherstrip at this spot where there is a dip? Just have the weatherstrip follow the contour? Or build up the glue so it is flat there?

IMG_7980.JPG

And got my replacement handle from @Racer65. Seems more stout than the other hopefully they used a different formulation in the metal.
IMG_7976.JPG

Doesn't it sit over the edge of the barn door? I would think normal glue.

IMG_5183.JPG

Are you planning to clean up any surface rust? You can see my situation. Just curious what route you're taking.

Alrighty got the rear hatch all back together just need to install the weatherstrip. Got all new stainless screws and washers. Anti-sieze on all the screws. Sometimes I question my sanity spending $12.93 on these screws.

IMG_7981.JPG
IMG_7982.JPG

I forgot about these though crap!
IMG_7983.JPG

Last edited:
[QUOTE=Sometimes I question my sanity spending $12.93 on these screws.

HaHa, Dude, you're in too deep now to be questioning your sanity :confused:

Okay need some advice - this is a tough spot to repair. Might be beyond my capabilities as a metal fabricator/welder. Any advice for how to approach?

IMG_7987.JPG

This was the rust inside the B-pillar and rear pillar. Crazy.
IMG_7986.JPG

And created some additional storage.
IMG_7985.JPG

Need some help with hood alignment - it's pretty good along the side and front but the apron is short. I had to loosen the hood hinges to get the front and side better. Move the entire fender forward? Is that possible?
IMG_7997.JPG

Found a nice match for the ceiling carpet...
IMG_7994.JPG

Looks like it'll be here right before lunch.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Just got news of a really crazy stupid tax return (need to seriously adjust my withholdings) so now I'm considering going with an OEM style soft top (Trollhole PVC since it is waterproof). Requested some fabric samples - looks like the manufacturer is handling the sales/shipping directly now. Need bows too so checked out the Real Steel site and I see they are trying to sell their business (slightly worrisome). Their eBay store says, "Sorry But we currently experiencing high back orders. We will not be taking new order in for about 2 weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Are there any other options for FST soft top bows? I see them show up once in a blue moon on the classifieds and craigslist...

Just got news of a really crazy stupid tax return (need to seriously adjust my withholdings) so now I'm considering going with an OEM style soft top (Trollhole PVC since it is waterproof). Requested some fabric samples - looks like the manufacturer is handling the sales/shipping directly now. Need bows too so checked out the Real Steel site and I see they are trying to sell their business (slightly worrisome). Their eBay store says, "Sorry But we currently experiencing high back orders. We will not be taking new order in for about 2 weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Are there any other options for FST soft top bows? I see them show up once in a blue moon on the classifieds and craigslist...

I've spoken with them a few different times with questions about various orders and they have been very honest and helpful. This would definitely be worth a phone call to see if they have the bows in stock.

At the Valley Hybrid Spa and Lounge. Housing looks good. Decided on some changes, more to come... my wallet doesn't thank you @orangefj45 but my cruiser sure will. Safety and performance first!

IMG_8033.JPG

Looking good. I enjoy reading your updates after a busy week. I wish I was closer to great resources like Georg and racer like you are.

Looks like you are outsourcing the fun stuff like the knuckle rebuild and doing the difficult work yourself with the welding. Your ome looks good. Once I get mine painted Im going after the same wheel and tire package and lift you have there. It makes your cruiser have that timeless classic look.
Looking forward to your updates.

Pretty sure marshal sells a combo bundle that includes a soft top and bows from real steel.

Will you go tan/kahki again? Going to an oem style top will look amazing. The quality of trollhole is excellent. A guy in our club has a red forty with a tan magnet trollhole top and it's awesome quality and looks sharp.

I think he went with the larger trollhole style side windows

Pretty sure marshal sells a combo bundle that includes a soft top and bows from real steel.

Will you go tan/kahki again? Going to an oem style top will look amazing. The quality of trollhole is excellent. A guy in our club has a red forty with a tan magnet trollhole top and it's awesome quality and looks sharp.

I think he went with the larger trollhole style side windows

It appears he has handed off the sales/shipping of the soft tops and when I reached out to the manufacturer as instructed the response I got was they have the hardware but the bows would have to be sourced from real steel.

I have requested the tan based PVC samples but the top may now have to wait until next year with the other work I'm having done. I also like the bigger rear side windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom