New 100 series owner with a few questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

I just purchased a 1999 LC with just under 120k miles for $7100. I felt like that was a good deal so jumped on it. It was out of state so I'm having it shipped, but had a mechanic go out and go through it before I purchased. It had a few small issues, but I decided to take the plunge. The main thing is the exhaust is broken behind the censors. I want to replace it, but not finding much as far as aftermarket except for the Borla system. I don't want to spend that much on the exhaust so are there any other options besides that and the stock replacement? I am in Georgia and work at a Toyota dealer so have the people to help with install and small things just wondering about the parts. This will be a DD for awhile, but I also plan on doing a few trails here and there as well. I look forward to learning some new things here.

Welcome to MUD!

If you work at a dealer and have easy access and good prices on stock exhaust parts, that might be your best bet for quality, reliability (and warranty!). Plus, would the dealer help you install non-OEM parts? Once you get the truck, you can assess just what needs to be replaced. If the joint in the pipe right after the downstream O2 sensors is rusted out, it will be time for either a new muffler, a new crossover pipe, or both. I hope the converters are useable.

Post up some photos of the truck when it arrives!

Thanks. Yea I have a few friends that are techs that will help install pretty much anything. I planned on replacing the exhaust anyways, but like you said I really just need to see when it gets here in the next few days. Here she is though. I am excited and ready for her to get here.

IMG_1865.JPG

IMG_1866.JPG

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_1868.JPG

I've had great luck with my cheap Bosal system. If you can get a good deal on the factory system that would be ideal, but my price hunting before showed the OEM system to be really expensive.

YotaMD.com - Toyota - UZJ100 Land Cruiser - Muffler

Good luck!

doug thorley, headers and catback around 1200. If your techs are good should take them 3 hours ish. I was told to use the toyota gaskets, and it has worked out well do far. i didnt know you could delete the cats. As far as I know the kit did not come with a cat delete.
Sounds nice though.

Thanks for the information. I'll check and see what the OEM would cost me at work tomorrow. I need to get emissions to register it so if it passes I may hold off for awhile and go with one of the nicer aftermarket options.

From an earlier post of mine.

For those interested in an OEM cat-back exhaust system, here are the part numbers for everything, including pipes, gaskets, nuts, bolts, and rubber supports for a 2004 Land Cruiser. In parentheses are how many of each part is needed if more than one. The total discounted price was $898 and a couple hours hard work for my son and me got the old one off and the new one on. (Dremel and Sawzall old one off, nothing saved.)

Muffler 17403-50151

Resonator 17405-50030

Connector pipe 17450-50070

Gasket 90080-43028 (3)

Gasket 17451-50050

Clamp 17452-50050

Bolt/washer 91641-80840

Bolt/washer 91651-60835 (2)

Bolt 90080-10229 (6)

Nut 90177-A0004 (6)

Nut 90179-08024 (2)

Support 17565-13030 (2)

Support 17565-74280 (2)

Support 17565-46040 (2)

Damper 17581-50140

Insulator 17551-50091

Well looks like Borla it is. Even with my employee discount it is $200 more than what the Borla is. I will have to wait for thebtruck to get here though and see if it's something I need right away.

Welcome and congrats on the rig.

I had the Doug Thorley headers and cat backs installed on my 2000 about a year and half ago. It's just a bit loud inside but overall I'm happy. The rig is still no hot rod, but it seems like more power from just seat of the pants. Sturdy so far with no issues.

Even though you seemed to have made your decision, here's an old thread you might find interesting: Doug Thorley Users....

In case you become interested in doing the headers : DT Headers Dyno Result Thread

Just bought an 02 in the exact same color combo. Looking forward to watching what you do with it!

Awesome. I love the blue. I have just been driving it right now. I ended up not needing an exhaust, but went ahead and did the valve covers, plugs, tensioner pulley, and cleaned the throttle body. I will be adding a lift and some new tires here in the coming months once the tires that are on it come off. I did take the step rails off as well and it looks so much better. My son was born last Sunday so will be a little preoccupied with that for awhile anyways.

Congrats on the Land Cruiser (and the son!). I see you got the switch for the rear locker, lucky dog! Welcome aboard

Thought I'd share my build of a similar 02 in the same colorway. Just got the KO2s and Slee 2.5" lift on it. I'll take some more angles soon.

0426171344.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom