200 Series Rear Exit/Handle Kit Update (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The clamp type splices are ok if you can keep them completely dry. The problem is with just a bit of moisture, the often "thin" connection between the metal blades inside and the wires gets corroded and the resistance goes up, sometimes to the point of failure. In an automotive/trailer/boat/orv/snowmobile/etc environment I always vote for crimp-type connections and heat-sealed wherever exposed.

If you're splicing why wouldn't you just use a marine grade straight crimp w/ heat shrink (w/ the glue). Maybe I'm not processing this correctly but it's water tight and can't come undone if you crimp correctly.

And I have no idea what comes in the kit so just postulating...

If you're splicing why wouldn't you just use a marine grade straight crimp w/ heat shrink (w/ the glue). Maybe I'm not processing this correctly but it's water tight and can't come undone if you crimp correctly.

And I have no idea what comes in the kit so just postulating...

That is what comes in the kit :D

IMG_1938.JPG

At the end of the day, use whatever you're comfortable with :D

That is what comes in the kit :D

View attachment 1420530

At the end of the day, use whatever you're comfortable with :D

To be completely transparent, I had no idea how those supplied splices would work, and the instructions weren't specific on how to use them. I scratched my head for a while and just used what I already had in my toolbox and knew would work especially considering this area is protected from the elements. I'm sure most people with a lot of (electrical) experience could have figured out how to use what appeared to be pin splices, but I wasn't comfortable guessing how they would work and didn't find any info in the instructions. I was able to get it working using my chosen method which is all that matters to me though.

Hmm, we certainly neglected to cover that in the instructions. They are simply a non-insulated crimp connector and the heat shrink is to be used to insulate/protect after you splice with the butt connectors. We can update the instructions in the future.

UPDATE: We are still waiting on black handles. All other orders have shipped and we now have prebuilt kits on the shelf :cool:

I'm in for a black one - when they are in!

UPDATE: We are still waiting on black handles. All other orders have shipped and we now have prebuilt kits on the shelf :cool:

Kurt,

My interior is black. But the top half of rear door is light grey. I think in all LC they are either light grey or beige. LX on other hand may be black. Please send me handle with light grey. Thanks much.

Kamal

Kurt,

My interior is black. But the top half of rear door is light grey. I think in all LC they are either light grey or beige. LX on other hand may be black. Please send me handle with light grey. Thanks much.

Kamal

Do you have an open order?

...My interior is black. But the top half of rear door is light grey. I think in all LC they are either light grey or beige. LX on other hand may be black...

The back panel is ultimately the color we are matching with the handle and it is in fact available with all of the colors we are offering.

200_trim_0.JPG

200_trim_1.JPG

200_trim_2.JPG

Do you have an open order?

I sent you an email on March 1. You acknowledge receiving the request. Thereafter, I did not receive any correspondence or order.

I sent you an email on March 1. You acknowledge receiving the request. Thereafter, I did not receive any correspondence or order.

Sorry Kamal, just noted you included your name in the above reference. We do have your open order for a black handle kit. If Light Grey will work for you we can make that happen to day. Let me know! :cool:

Sorry Kamal, just noted you included your name in the above reference. We do have your open order for a black handle kit. If Light Grey will work for you we can make that happen to day. Let me know! :cool:

Light grey please.

On the black interiors, the "upper half" of the interior is light gray. On the new Terra interiors the upper half is black like the rest of the non-seat interior. You want the handle to match the upper half.

Just got my black one today. My wife asked what I was so excited about. I said I just got my first order from Cruiser Outfitters! (Implying there will be more.)

Just got my black one today. My wife asked what I was so excited about. I said I just got my first order from Cruiser Outfitters! (Implying there will be more.)

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom