What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (78 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Woah woah woah woah woah. Hold up a second. Is @mervo talking about what I think he's talking about?!?! Or is this for the Tommy Bahama crowd?

I think I'm talking about what you think I'm talking about.

Phil's always said such thing were not unobtanium, just pricy.

It will all start with a simple oil change...

At first I was annoyed that progress was halted. Now, I am thinking I need a complete re-spray :)

Last edited:
I think I'm talking about what you think I'm talking about.

Phil's always said such thing were not unobtanium, just pricy.

I guess I need to have a further discussion with Phil on this. This is my dream. Not sure if it is doable in the immediate future but later this year.

It started with a little parking lot mishap.

No problem. Time for a new rear bumper :) Not yet, the well is dry, just bought a new front bumper so I will need to clean this boo boo up and live with it a few months. What the heck, I can repair that right, how hard can it be? :doh:

I dremeled to clean it up and then my first time ever to use bondo - uh oh!

Then one thing led to another, my bondo job was not that hot, so I started working on Plan B and took the rest of bumper apart

Figured I might as well match my rear bumper to my new front bumper and color it black. To help cover my less than perfect :) bondo shop I decided to spray with Rustoleum truck bed liner

Not bad, but then realized that dark grey center cross member did't look as good as I thought with black on each side. Time to disassemble again (Plan C) and paint the cross member.

Then I started thinking :doh: before I put that mud flaps and bumper end caps again, maybe I should use this opportunity to take the flares off and get them painted, after all new flare gaskets have been sitting in the garage waiting for a few months now.

After nearly slicing my arms off squeezing through engine bay service holes to reach the 4 interior nuts on each flare, I thought I was in the home stretch. That is until I realized I have to pull off the front bumper to remove the last two front corner bolts holding the front flairs :bang:
It's a heavy beast with winch so I will need recruit some help.

So in short (yeah right) I started with boo boo on rear bumper and here I am taking off flares and front bumper...odd.
\

Absolutely normal behavior, don't mind what these other folks tell you. Is this an astrohpytum in flower by the drive way ?

Before..
IMG_1279.JPG

After
IMG_1310.JPG

IMG_1311.JPG

OME 2.5 lift no coil spacers

It started with a little parking lot mishap.

No problem. Time for a new rear bumper :) Not yet, the well is dry, just bought a new front bumper so I will need to clean this boo boo up and live with it a few months. What the heck, I can repair that right, how hard can it be? :doh:

I dremeled to clean it up and then my first time ever to use bondo - uh oh!

Then one thing led to another, my bondo job was not that hot, so I started working on Plan B and took the rest of bumper apart

Figured I might as well match my rear bumper to my new front bumper and color it black. To help cover my less than perfect :) bondo shop I decided to spray with Rustoleum truck bed liner

Not bad, but then realized that dark grey center cross member did't look as good as I thought with black on each side. Time to disassemble again (Plan C) and paint the cross member.

Then I started thinking :doh: before I put that mud flaps and bumper end caps again, maybe I should use this opportunity to take the flares off and get them painted, after all new flare gaskets have been sitting in the garage waiting for a few months now.

After nearly slicing my arms off squeezing through engine bay service holes to reach the 4 interior nuts on each flare, I thought I was in the home stretch. That is until I realized I have to pull off the front bumper to remove the last two front corner bolts holding the front flairs :bang:
It's a heavy beast with winch so I will need recruit some help.
Id
I smell a diesel conversion or LS swap coming in @lcgeek's near future...

Id say more like a body off resto. I feel your pain man.....

SO this week for my brothers in arms, I hear a ding turned into a complete respray and an oil change turned into an engine swap. Sounds like a Tuesday rather than the weekend. Ha Ha!

Got the front half of my suspension upgrade installed. Now the decision is, do I finish installing the rear suspension or paint the front fenders white to complete the SoCal Pre-Runner look. Ha!

IMG_0923.jpg

Got the front half of my suspension upgrade installed. Now the decision is, do I finish installing the rear suspension or paint the front fenders white to complete the SoCal Pre-Runner look. Ha!

View attachment 1427060

This might be a SOCAL only/inside joke but it's funny as hell!:rofl:

Changed engine, tranny, transfer, and F & R differential oil. Also put in my spare tire levelling kit after going from 315 Duratracs to 295 Cooper AT3s so I can keep a spare without getting a rear bumper. I lost a bit of clearance but the Coopers are great on the road.

20170323_083521.jpg

20170323_083423.jpg

This shot is pre-tire leveling kit - now the spare is above the level of the hitch : )
20170323_073438.jpg

20170323_073422.jpg

20170323_083514.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom