Low milage parts truck or scam? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lexus LX450

I have no affiliation with this truck. But it is at a local yard. I really wanted the front seats but the seller said they went to a guy in SC. Which one of you guys got that deal? Anyway, look at the pictures of before it rolled. Looks like it was 115,000 miles. If this all looks legit it might be a great motor for someone in the southeast. Located right in Atlanta. But 115,000 is almost too good to be true. Does anything look fishy about this or does anyone know the truck?

The before pictures are amazing, what a waste that the truck is gone.

Doesn't look fishy to me. Low mileage 80s are out there...

Cali part seemed odd but a human answered the phone. Seemed legit. Gave prices. $1500 for motor

There's a guy in Denver with a "sub 100k" mile motor and wants $1250. I walked a away. For that price, they should be setup to run it on a stand so you can verify everything is in working order. JMO. Otherwise, my mind goes to junk yard prices.

Cali part seemed odd but a human answered the phone. Seemed legit. Gave prices. $1500 for motor
Wow. I didnt know motors were that high. I figured less than half that. But I had not ever bought one.

i have called him on several parts for cruisers and the wife's lexus. his is300 parts were at a fair price but he always wants more than the cruiser parts are worth.

I would mind some small parts like the ebrake boot is it is not ripped. But none of that is worth paying a lot to me.

I would like a oem starter. Mine is aftermarker that the PO put in. It is working fine but I have the OEM rebuild parts and would like to eventually do eom one with fresh parts in it. But no rush or urgency for that. I dont need it enough to pay much.

For that price, I would expect the engine, transmission, transfer case, and non-locked axles. Nope, not going to bite on that one.

Well I am in GA and have 3 part trucks. You should ride down one day and hang out, even willing to help you wrench some.

Well I am in GA and have 3 part trucks. You should ride down one day and hang out, even willing to help you wrench some.
I might take you up on that. Dublin is still a good drive for me. But if you have some of what i need it would be fun to come down, pull parts and chat. Other than a starter do you have ant trashed front seats? I am thinking of seeing id the motorized rail assembly is removable from the seat to see if i can mount other seats on it. Just one of my many project ideas.

yeah, i have a pair of trashed seats left. i will need to check if they still have the motors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom