Spring showers bring wet floors? Leaking windshield or HVAC? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
I hopped into my 2008 200 this morning and found the passenger floor mat containing a small reservoir. Not a huge amount of water but a cup or so approx. Closer inspection yields its dripping from above perhaps out of the HVAC or up higher? Glovebox is dry but plastic trim panel above the footwell had moisture on it too. I had to dash off so I haven't had a chance to inspect but I'm suspecting a bad w/s and or something coming through the fresh air vents /sunroof drains? Anyone deal with this before?

Do you have snorkel?

Do you have snorkel?

Yes, and I suppose it could be the 3 mount holes in the a-pillar but I know they were sealed when installed and the provided gasket is in place too. Whatcha thinking?

Roof rack leaking?

Could be, I'm still stock (changing that when I have a minute) so I can't imagine the bolts backing out but it's certainly worth a look.

Yes, and I suppose it could be the 3 mount holes in the a-pillar but I know they were sealed when installed and the provided gasket is in place too. Whatcha thinking?

My guess, source of leak maybe holes. OR plugged drain near hood on passenger side. AC drain for fridge in center. Or roof rack holes.

Are the drain tubes on your sunroof clogged?

I assume you must have run wires through the firewall on that side? Have you verified the integrity of the grommet/seal?

What Bamma said. There was another thread here on Mud about the sunroof drains causing this sort of interior leaking. Will be interesting to see what's up since my LC is nearly of an age as yours.

My bet's on clogged sunroof drain.

HTH

I had a chance to check the forward sun roof drain on that side, it's clear as best I could tell. It rained like mad here today (hence the leak) so I didn't leave the sunroof open too long nor did I crawl underneath to determine where the forward sunroof drains exit.

I'm thinking it may be coming from the HVAC, perhaps coming in the fresh air somehow? Cabin air filter was dry but the only dripping I could see was out of the HVAC. I may need to pull the cowl cover off and see if there is a clogged drain there.

I took a closer look at the snorkel a-pillar mount, its tight the rubber gasket is in place. That would likely have it dripping towards the outside edge of the passenger footwell and this towards the center. I inspected aftermarket wiring comes through the firewall, bone dry there. I'll get the pressure washer on the case :D

My bet is HVAC. The small drain plug under the car gets plugged from dusty road driving. If that happens, it will fill up and fall on the passanger floor board.

I feel like every time I do a run with friends to either Arizona or New Mexico someone says that happens. I snake out the drain, and good to go. It's the same on a house.

I had this exact same symptom - small pool of water on passenger weather tech after heavy rain. I mentioned it to the dealer when it was in for something else and they said it was clogged sunroof drain and cleared it. No issues since. Hope this helps.

I seem to recall someone on this forum having a water leakage issue and it was related to the AC system but it wasn't a drain issue. It had something to do with the fresh air door not closing properly once the car was shut off. I believe there is a door of some kind in the cowl that closes after the vehicle is shut off - so that water pouring into the cowl area in heavy rain couldn't get into the passenger compartment...

I seem to recall someone on this forum having a water leakage issue and it was related to the AC system but it wasn't a drain issue. It had something to do with the fresh air door not closing properly once the car was shut off. I believe there is a door of some kind in the cowl that closes after the vehicle is shut off - so that water pouring into the cowl area in heavy rain couldn't get into the passenger compartment...

Cool, I'll see if I can track that down.

Raining cats and dogs again today and not a drop. WTF?

Wait for raining rabbits and hamsters...? :rimshot:

Aw man... So bad, I should delete...but there it is! :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom