BFG AT KO2's...... 285/60/18 or 275/70/18...... What Say You, Sayers?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the 275/70's on my current 200. They're E rated and I've been pleased. Quite frankly though, I had no idea the KO2's were available in the stock 285/60 size.

I want to order some today and am wondering if I should consider the 285/60's? They're D rated. I don't tow often and when I do, it's not much weight.

Opine please.

What wheels do you have?

Stock. 2015 Land Cruiser. Intend to keep the stock wheels too.....

I run 1.25" spacers on my 2009 with the 275/70's and plan to use the same for the 2015.

I'd go with the LT285/60R18 without the spacers.

Just my $0.02 ;)

I would go 285/65/18's. I used to run them and they are a great compromise at 32.5" tall. Just my humble opinion :)

I would go 285/65/18's. I used to run them and they are a great compromise at 32.5" tall. Just my humble opinion :)

This is what I run on stock wheels.

I'd go with the LT285/60R18 without the spacers.

Just my $0.02 ;)

I'm guessing the stock size KO2's appear larger than stock tires? I never liked how the stock tires seemed tucked into the wheel well too far.
The 1.25" spacers with the 275/70's I have on the 2009 makes for a great stance.

just bought an 08
been going back and forth with wheels and tires for days.

Been leaning towards putting a spacer in front to level out the rake (for time being) and run the 275/70/18 KO2s. Ive gotten 70-80k miles out of 2 other sets of them, hard to beat for an all around tire and I like the 33" height. Should fill out the wheel well sufficiently without being a super wide tire.

do you have a lift? any rub on the 275/70?

Had the stock sized KO'2s they felt like they rode much harsher than the 275 IMHO.

just bought an 08
been going back and forth with wheels and tires for days.

Been leaning towards putting a spacer in front to level out the rake (for time being) and run the 275/70/18 KO2s. Ive gotten 70-80k miles out of 2 other sets of them, hard to beat for an all around tire and I like the 33" height. Should fill out the wheel well sufficiently without being a super wide tire.

do you have a lift? any rub on the 275/70?

Slight lift. I bought the wedge/spacer you mentioned but never installed them. Instead, I got the lift via BP-51's, about .75" up front.
Some rubbing, yes. Especially when backing at a full lock.
I just cut some stuff away.
Keep in mind I also have 1.25" spacers.

yeah i can live with it at full lock in reverse type stuff

I'd stick with 275/70

got a pic of your truck with them? would love to see before i pull the trigger

I've had E rated on the FJ since we got it, wife drives it daily and she has never complained.
if you've had them and not been a big deal I'd stay with them, just for the times you do tow something or have the back loaded down

yeah i can live with it at full lock in reverse type stuff

I'd stick with 275/70

got a pic of your truck with them? would love to see before i pull the trigger

I know I posted some pics here but dang if I can find them. I'll snap a photog later today or tomorrow for you.

Seems a D rating (stock size) versus an E rating the 275/70's have, the E rating would harshest.

I know that's what I thought until I changed to the E rated, my guess is that the slightly bigger sidewall absorbs the small stuff better.

This is the ticket. Why go down in width to gain height?

32.5" is a perfect diameter for this rig without going too aggressive.

I went with the 285/65/18's. Damn those ain't cheap............

I went with the 285/65/18's. Damn those ain't cheap............

Yup. Since I was changing sizes, I bought 5, so my spare is the same size. Ouch, that was expensive.

I run E rated KO2 on rock warrior rims. I am satisfied with ride quality and minimal road noise. I installed a lift few weeks ago and I am hearing complains from my better half about entry and exit. She is 5'-3". I understand her frustration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom