What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (70 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleepackages.jpg

Christmas morning from the wonderful people at Slee...

Just purchased the truck last month and had both inner CV boots leaking. Boots were fine. I replaced the old "boot clamps" with a CV boot clamp kit from PFran LEDs. So far, this has been the only sign of maintenance neglect I've seen.
IMG_0911.JPG

IMG_0912.JPG

Neither of my cupholders were cooperating...front cupholder lid wouldn't close and the rear cupholder wouldn't open. So I went ahead and removed the center console to see if I could fix it and found this:
IMG_0898.JPG

Good to know that if you put something inside the cupholder and close it, it is very likely it won't be there again when you open it.

Those are some sweet looking beads.

Thanks... still playing with the settings. Only time will tell if my spare is going to fall off on the freeway lol

My 2 sets of rear drawers, fridge cage and extra fridge slide shipping from Sydney this afternoon. Should have them next week and get to look at the quality and fit.

100, 200 and 80 fit kits are coming as well. One set is for Esme and if I like everything I will sell the other set.

Maybe I'll get the Trail Tailor RTT and 270 awning all finished up and installed too.

J

Took her down the road last night for a good workout, let her stretch her legs then stopped by my friend's shop to talk about brake caliper paint... naturally he said "red" but I don't think it'd look right on Elsie... Been trying to decide what color to paint my front calipers as they look pretty terrible even though they're only a year old!

Neither of my cupholders were cooperating...front cupholder lid wouldn't close and the rear cupholder wouldn't open. So I went ahead and removed the center console to see if I could fix it and found this:
View attachment 1425414
Good to know that if you put something inside the cupholder and close it, it is very likely it won't be there again when you open it.

$0.62 rebate?!?!

Took her down the road last night for a good workout, let her stretch her legs then stopped by my friend's shop to talk about brake caliper paint... naturally he said "red" but I don't think it'd look right on Elsie... Been trying to decide what color to paint my front calipers as they look pretty terrible even though they're only a year old!
I looked back at your clean, clean, clean cruiser and say paint them the same grey tone you have on the bumper trim. My thinking is it will show up in the shade of the wheel and yet be different than the more silver of the wheels........ two cents provided.

IMG_0809.JPG
I am on my second key, both have broken into 2 or 3 pieces over 6 years, usually when I lend my cruiser to my brother or father...

I also had 2 spare keys cut, one for camping in the middle of no where that I cable tie to a place under the cruiser that I can easily find but that is not easily seen, and not near any moving parts... but when camping and packing away the tent I forgot them in the tent pocketand fully loaded cruiser with keys packed away ... sent me underneath to retrieve my 3rd key...

IMG_0811.JPG

The other I have been using till I get my main set sorted... I usually clip my keys to my belt clip... that got caught and ripped the belt clip today and my keys fell to the floor...
After that I could not start the cruiser and even after locking and waiting 15 mins a couple times I still failed...

I think the little chip broke inside the Lexus key... My spare camping key is no where to be found so the cruiser is parked on the farm

Is there keys out there that are as tough as the cruiser??? Anyone else have these problems?? Any one have a solution?

View attachment 1426682 I am on my second key, both have broken into 2 or 3 pieces over 6 years, usually when I lend my cruiser to my brother or father...

I also had 2 spare keys cut, one for camping in the middle of no where that I cable tie to a place under the cruiser that I can easily find but that is not easily seen, and not near any moving parts... but when camping and packing away the tent I forgot them in the tent pocketand fully loaded cruiser with keys packed away ... sent me underneath to retrieve my 3rd key...

View attachment 1426683

The other I have been using till I get my main set sorted... I usually clip my keys to my belt clip... that got caught and ripped the belt clip today and my keys fell to the floor...
After that I could not start the cruiser and even after locking and waiting 15 mins a couple times I still failed...

I think the little chip broke inside the Lexus key... My spare camping key is no where to be found so the cruiser is parked on the farm

Is there keys out there that are as tough as the cruiser??? Anyone else have these problems?? Any one have a solution?

Broken key solution:
Home - Eternity Key

Suddenly won't start with a good key:
EFI Relay Bypass Kit (Immobilizer Fix) for UZJ100/LX470

Finished the front end work I've been putting off for a while now. I reindexed the torsion bars, installed the OME Torsion Bar Reinforcement Kit, then cranked the tbars to compensate for the 2" springs I put in the rear. I only got to drill the first hole on each side for the reinforcement kit before I called it quits. Those lower control arms are tough to drill through and laying on your back drilling upwards is tiring since you have to start with a small bit and eventually work your way up to 10mm. I then had to took her out to stretch her legs of course:)

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

Finished the front end work I've been putting off for a while now. I reindexed the torsion bars, installed the OME Torsion Bar Reinforcement Kit, then cranked the tbars to compensate for the 2" springs I put in the rear. I only got to drill the first hole on each side for the reinforcement kit before I called it quits. Those lower control arms are tough to drill through and laying on your back drilling upwards is tiring since you have to start with a small bit and eventually work your way up to 10mm. I then had to took her out to stretch her legs of course:)

View attachment 1426700
View attachment 1426701
View attachment 1426702
View attachment 1426703
Looks like it's time for some 35s...

Looks like it's time for some 35s...
Funny...I was thinking the exact same thing;) But on a serious note I do need to upgrade tires in the near future. I have a trip to Colorado planned for early August so it will definitely be before then. I just need some more rubber to fill out those wheel wells now that I got the room!

IMG_2577.JPG
IMG_2582.JPG
IMG_2588.JPG
IMG_2591.JPG
IMG_2592.JPG
Anthracite grey on front grill , rear emblems and chrome surround and wheels. Also rear mud flap delete.

image.jpg
When I bought the 295s had to trim the fender back a little. Unfortunately, behind that plastic trim its hollow to the door. This naturally held lots of mud after its first off-roading venture. Used "great stuff", yes that's really what it's called, don't touch it whiles it's wet, you will make a mess. Trimmed it back and sanded down, and painted it with bedliner. Looks better then a whole and will keep all that crap out of the fenders
IMG_3257.JPG
IMG_3255.JPG
IMG_3256.JPG
IMG_3257.JPG
IMG_3258.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom