Successfully Moved Navigation Screen To Make Room Pioneer AVIC-8200 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

have a cost estimate?

have a cost estimate?

Cost to move is about $120 in parts. Cost install radio is about $400, cost to custom fabricate new location for old screen navigation screen $200, and $700 for custom fiberglass enclosure. Radio and parts $2300 which includes Pioneer ($1100), high end front camera ($300), JL 13" sub ($600), steering wheel button module, rear camera module, xm radio module, bunch of usb adapters or plugs and more. Of course these numbers are estimates and it could go up if I add more onto the build.

Wires were neatly tucked away to make room for the new stereo

IMG_4021[1].JPG

Pioneer was finally powered up today. USB port for Apple car play was installed in place of the spare power port next to the cigarette lighter. Cigarette be relocated and will eventually be replaced with more USB port for additional phone chargers. Factory mic location was utilized for pioneers microphone. Everything with the radio is functional but no sound yet we are working on installing amplifiers.

IMG_4026[1].JPG

IMG_4028[1].JPG

IMG_4029[1].JPG

IMG_4022[1].JPG

IMG_4025[1].JPG

SO you definitely had at least 6.5 inches back there? Behind the pioneer I mean.

Aha! A little reading back to the beginning would've helped me there, I just kind of popped off without going back to the OP. It'll be interesting to see how you think it sounds. I started with a 10w7 sealed that sounded horrible and switched to a 13w6 sealed that sounds beautiful. A shallow mount would be a sweet option if it sounded right. Good luck with the install!

A little late, but perhaps a climate control panel from an 01-05 Lexus GS or 01-06 Lexus LS will work to control your climate control instead of that oem screen. The Mark Levinson navigation system that comes OEM on these cars are easily swapped out with the climate controls from the base models which have no nav. Then install double DIN. Worth a try to get rid of the screen.

GS430 Navi Swap Out for Aftermarket (ML) NEED HELP!!! - Club Lexus Forums

A little late, but perhaps a climate control panel from an 01-05 Lexus GS or 01-06 Lexus LS will work to control your climate control instead of that oem screen. The Mark Levinson navigation system that comes OEM on these cars are easily swapped out with the climate controls from the base models which have no nav. Then install double DIN. Worth a try to get rid of the screen.

GS430 Navi Swap Out for Aftermarket (ML) NEED HELP!!! - Club Lexus Forums

Thank you for the suggestions but as far I'm aware 2004-2007 Lexus Lx470 did not came without a navigation option. With OEM navigation, the climate control are controlled by a software rather than a physical controls and providing an external controls will be extremely difficult. If you look below, they are 3 sets of 3 connectors on the back of the unit. 2 connection from each set have to be connected for the climate control to properly function.

need1.jpg

Got the truck back today. Only about 40% done. Waiting for the fiberglass box to finish before stereo shop will finish the rest of the install. Below is picture of the skeleton box.

IMG_4035[1].JPG

Had a chance to play around with pioneer today, stereo shop had left it with only front and rear speakers working (no sub). I decided to wire up my own sub amp and sub on a normal enclosure (12" JL W3) and boy it sounds amazing. It blows the ML system out of the park (remember the system was previously wired using the same amps and speakers bypassing ML amp. YOU CANNOT EVEN COMPARE!!!! EQ, crossover, dedicated sub output, and time alignment (individual speaker output control). Apple Car play is amazing, having a choice of either XM radio even at a demo mode, 2 Ipods, Itunes from my phone, Bluetooth audio, CD, FM (who listens to FM/AM anymore) and audio streaming. Endless options under one interface!!! Its definitely worth all this work!! I can stress it enough IT'S JUST PLAIN AMAZING!!!! Still need the front and backup camera, finish with custom housing for OEM screen and the custom fiberglass box. Can't wait until its all done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom