2008 Tacoma Front Humming Noise After 2" OME installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had a problem with a vibrating humming noise coming from the front. I can actually feel it through the gas pedal. Thanks
20170303_133528.jpg
20170303_133543.jpg
20170303_133528.jpg 20170303_133543.jpg

I have a 2013 never experienced any issues like that after lifting the front. I have the 5100's with the OME 887's up front and rear OME Dakar springs with shackle flip in the rear. I did the OME drop kit on the carrier bearing all was good tested it on a 5000 mile trip to Ouray last summer.

If it goes away when you put it in 4wd, it's the drivers side needle bearing. If not, could be your wheel bearings. A lift can also cause vibrations with your driveshaft. I'd run it down in that order. Good luck!

Sounds like wheel bearings to me. When you're on the highway and turn the wheel slightly does the sounds at some point almost go away?

i had the same problem in a 2012 4wd. rythmic humming in 2wd that went away when i engaged 4wd. After chatting with Dan at 4 Wheel Auto, he told me to watch East Coast Gear supply's video on diff bearing replacement. i did watch. they described the problem accurately. in my case it was indeed the needle bearing on the driver's side of the diff. I replaced it with their bushing and the humming stopped. i have a spare bushing in the garage.
My truck has OME 886 front and dakar rears, with the diff drop in front. i have other front end issues, but the one you describe sounds a lot like what I tackled and fixed. as the other posters noted, it could be something else. good luck.
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom