Builds Project Woody (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yummy.

Wired the fan module, installed the new windshield, finished the Hydro boost plumbing with all AN fittings, and got the front clip ready to put on. Waiting on 1 ac fitting to finish the ac plumbing and clip goes back on. Still fiddling with the tcase, shifters and the fuel tank should be showing up anytime now.

20170212_160856.jpg

20170212_160912.jpg

Looks like you got a new shop. Got family and spend a lot of time in the San Clemente area, in fact my LX450 was purchased at Capo Ford. Great build, I'm currently doing a 62/80 project like your last one.

Wow, nice job. I have to admit, when I saw your clean starting point, I though... "Oh no... this guy is going to butcher a nice Grand Wagoneer". But you have totally improved it without ruining the classic sensibility. Again, nice job.

<snip> I have to admit, when I saw your clean starting point, I though... "Oh no... this guy is going to butcher a nice Grand Wagoneer". <snip>

You obviously don't know the guy.

He perfects perfection. :)

All running and runs way beyond expected. Engine runs cool, tranny shifts awesome, no leaks and killer exhaust. Finished up some other small things that were on the list. 1 being an airbox instead of the open element air filter. I ended up using an Airaid box that I had planned for my FJ62 but we know how that ended.... The Airraid has a new life in the Wagoneer with a 1 piece plastic intake tube with built in MAF mounted on the bottom side for a clean look. 2nd being to find a spot to put a led readout OBD2 scanner. I'm not a big fan of crap hanging from the windshield or on top or even below the dash so this has been an ongoing search for an OBD2 reader than can be built in somewhere. I found a Chineese reader that is not small enough to build in the dash so I moved to plan B. I bought a mirror with the rear view cam screen installed and used the screen to house the unit and have a full readout from the scanner. The button is hidden behind the mirror to scroll through screens.

20170406_170529.jpg

20170406_170608.jpg

20170406_171037.jpg

20170406_171054.jpg

Beauty. Automotive art.:beer:

As per your usual...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom