Torque specs on front and rear caliper bolts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installing Terrain Tamer rotors and pads this weekend. Can anyone share the torque specs for the caliper mounting bolts front and rear? Thank you!

Marc

I just did my front brakes last weekend, using the Tundra Haynes manual. The torque for the front caliper bolts is 79 ft/lbs.
I can look up the rears this afternoon. I believe they are the same between Tundra and Cruiser.

These are from the TIS LX570 manual ;, but I can't believe there's a difference between Lexus and Toyota specs here. For some reason, the front has a "caliper", and the rear has a "disc brake cylinder assembly".

Installation 1.png

Installation 3.png

Thanks everyone, found some specs online last night also. If it rains this weekend, all gets installed. If not, on the baseball fields!

Marc

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
All done, thanks Georg and Ward, and all those who got back to me!

Hey Marco -

Thanks for the snaps, adding to the growing family of 200s equipped with Terrain Tamer HP rotors/pads!

We are working on some shop/customer bling with the help of Joey at Wits' End @NLXTACY - first edition of a wall poster for 80 Series as below. Kind of a cheat sheet by Series for torque specs. Cruiser Art for true believers. Next up 40/60 Series if there is enough demand. Let me know if you want one as a thank-you when we get there.....:)

Here's a first look / draft of the 80 version:

upload_2017-3-5_15-12-50.png

Last edited:
Hey Marco -

Thanks for the snaps, adding to the growing family of 200s equipped with Terrain Tamer HP rotors/pads!

We are working on some shop/customer bling with the help of Joey at Wits' End @NLXTACY - first edition of a wall poster for 80 Series as below. Kind of a cheat sheet by Series for torque specs. Cruiser Art for true believers. Next up 40/60 Series if there is enough demand. Let me know if you want one as a thank-you when we get there.....:)

View attachment 1414704

Ward, I have 40/60/62 so if they get done would love on. Thank you! Marc

Hey Marco -

View attachment 1414704
Any thoughts on a similar poster for the 100 series?:) I know a few members who would definitely be interested and I'm sure I could get more to jump on board

These are from the TIS LX570 manual ;, but I can't believe there's a difference between Lexus and Toyota specs here. For some reason, the front has a "caliper", and the rear has a "disc brake cylinder assembly".

View attachment 1413256

View attachment 1413262
rear is 65ft lb and front is 73ft lb for the caliper bolts right? Sorry for asking again, just wanted to make sure i'm reading it correct

You are correct.

I'm doing some brake work soon. Check out the torques for the 16+ 570. I'm having trouble with the difference in the numbers between what you guys have and what TIS shows. Aren't they all the same on the rear brakes? And why the 90% increase?

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 3.39.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 3.38.36 PM.png

I'm doing some brake work soon. Check out the torques for the 16+ 570. I'm having trouble with the difference in the numbers between what you guys have and what TIS shows. Aren't they all the same on the rear brakes? And why the 90% increase?

View attachment 2187238View attachment 2187239

16+ front calipers use larger mounting hardware, which probably explains the difference in torque.

As for the rears I’m not quite sure what the difference would be.

16+ front calipers use larger mounting hardware, which probably explains the difference in torque.

That's the only thing I could come up with, but I didn't think it would nearly double the torque. I'm going to have to do a pull-up on the wrench to tighten that thing.

That's the only thing I could come up with, but I didn't think it would nearly double the torque. I'm going to have to do a pull-up on the wrench to tighten that thing.

Nearly double is odd.. keep in mind that as thread pitch coarsens you need more torque to get the same clamping force. And with the bigger brakes, I bet they want more even clamping force.

I have a 250ft-lb split-beam wrench that I got on amazon for a bargain.. it makes stuff like this super easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom