Finally - Reassembly - my slow build of "no name" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the front and rear glass in this week. Used a professional installer. Didn't want to screw this one up. No chrome lock strip. OEM rubber around the glass. Went with a brand new front glass and reused the rear.

IMG_0350.JPG
IMG_0352.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG
IMG_0356.JPG

Here's the lock strip.

WLS 466 R-100

I bought a 100' roll of it. Got a ton left that I will need to sell. PM me if interested.

Not to hijack, but my lock strip is out from around all my glass. Could that be a reason why i ocasionally get a drip of water fall into my lap in heavy rain? I was thinking maybe the gutter seal dried out but just wondering

I'm no expert and this is my first one, but the lock strip puts outward pressure on the gasket helping it seal better. I'd say that is probably more likely the leak point than the gutter. If the gutter is leaking internally somewhere, I would think it would run down inside the body, not drip out at the gasket.

Looking good man !! Do you know if he used any sealants ? Getting my rig ready to bring to glass shop also, :cheers:

he didn't use any sealants. he said it wasn't really needed.

just so nobody is confused, this is NOT my headliner install. I wish it was. This looks great
Sorry about that, I guess its sort of in bad taste to post personal pics in someone's build thread. I can delete the photo if its confusing, LMK.

Sorry about that, I guess its sort of in bad taste to post personal pics in someone's build thread. I can delete the photo if its confusing, LMK.

Is fine to leave it. Good example of what it's supposed to look like. Along with a comparison of SOR vinyl and felt

Reposting this cause I didn't get any responses.

wanted to ask some wheel well advice. My original plan was to rhino line the wheel wells. Primarily for rock protection and prevent paint chipping because I live on a gravel road. I've been told by my rhino lining dealer that he cannot do the wheel wells unless the body is upside down. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but that's what he says. should I use some type of rhino lining type product that is a spray on or roll-on Bedliner type product or go with a rock chip type paint? And do I do this in black or in stock paint color white? Just gathering opinions on what others have done

Reposting this cause I didn't get any responses.

wanted to ask some wheel well advice. My original plan was to rhino line the wheel wells. Primarily for rock protection and prevent paint chipping because I live on a gravel road. I've been told by my rhino lining dealer that he cannot do the wheel wells unless the body is upside down. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but that's what he says. should I use some type of rhino lining type product that is a spray on or roll-on Bedliner type product or go with a rock chip type paint? And do I do this in black or in stock paint color white? Just gathering opinions on what others have done

Monstalined mine in black and then sprayed 3M rubberized undercoat on top of that.

J

here are some seat belts I bought off mud to use in the back. didn't do much research much before I purchased. They don't work. the release ball never releases and they stay locked up all the time....so I'm working on getting some new OE rear should belts in rear, and all new in the front. I figured if everything inside the cab looked new except the belts, they would look even worse. so they are getting replaced.

But until I get the new ones.....anybody know what this angled piece on the belt is an where it mounts? looks like it might come through between the seats to keep the belt from rubbing the seat directly. but the way the belt sets are put together and marked R and L, I can't figure out how this whole business mounts. thought I bought 62 rear shoulder belts, but I have looked through the window at a local 62 and the recoil portion of the belt is behind the panel tucked into the hole. these look like they mount on the outside.

IMG_0382.jpg
IMG_0383.jpg

also, does anyone know where this mounts and what mounts to it?

IMG_0384.jpg

here are some seat belts I bought off mud to use in the back. didn't do much research much before I purchased. They don't work. the release ball never releases and they stay locked up all the time....so I'm working on getting some new OE rear should belts in rear, and all new in the front. I figured if everything inside the cab looked new except the belts, they would look even worse. so they are getting replaced.

But until I get the new ones.....anybody know what this angled piece on the belt is an where it mounts? looks like it might come through between the seats to keep the belt from rubbing the seat directly. but the way the belt sets are put together and marked R and L, I can't figure out how this whole business mounts. thought I bought 62 rear shoulder belts, but I have looked through the window at a local 62 and the recoil portion of the belt is behind the panel tucked into the hole. these look like they mount on the outside.

View attachment 1392754 View attachment 1392755

View attachment 1392756
That little plastic clip looks exactly like the ones that hold the "snake blinders" , the rocker panel chrome strip, in place.

That little plastic clip looks exactly like the ones that hold the "snake blinders" , the rocker panel chrome strip, in place.

that's probably right. I don't have those on the truck anymore and this was in my bag of parts. just trying to sort through pieces. thanks

I love these kind of deliveries. Thanks Onur for the added goodies.

IMG_5591.JPG

Made a little progress over the last couple weeks. Wagongear flip windows are in. Wagongear side panel and tailgate storage in. Wagongear seat box installed. Got front seats mounted. Rear seat bottom and back installed. SOR seat bottoms put in. Can't wait to get some miles on these new seats. SOR wheel well covers. Carpet is in from the rear seat forward. Not finalized but close. Too late and dark to get good pics tonight. Trail Tailor B pillar covers installed.

Best thing that happened with the cruiser over the last week was my 2 year old grandson (who is still non-Verbal) walked up to the front of the shop and pointed at the cruiser enthusiastically and was really checking it out. He just gazed in awe. I put him inside and showed him the Toyota awesomeness. He won't know it for years to come, but there will be some great trips and adventures he and I will have in this 60. When I'm too old to get in and out of it, I will pass off the legend to him to continue the fun and obsession that is all things land cruisers.

View attachment 1392754 View attachment 1392755

View attachment 1392756

The retractors have a weight that makes them lock up unless they are in a completely vertical position. This is by design to keep the belts locked in the event of a roll over. Unless they are held at just the right angle they won't unlock.

They don't appear to be from a 62. They look like possibly 70 series? Not sure about that.

More progress. Got the carpet in and seatbox mounted. Also mounted the Cruiser Crap console. Mounted lots of track for tie downs. Probably overkill but I like options. Still have a bit of wiring to add but it's only big ideas I may never get to. Would like to have lighting inside the console and seatbox but a flashlight will work wonders. Probably should just keep things simple.

The console is EXCEPTIONAL quality. Highly recommend it.

The seat bottoms are from SOR. They feel great! Can't wait to take a trip with these seats.

Next step is door panels and bumpers mounted and it'll be ready to roll. Trail Tailor Rock sliders and mini sliders go on and roof rack. Hopefully next week. (Need to get the vacuum out too!)

IMG_5634.JPG
IMG_5636.JPG
IMG_5638.JPG
IMG_5640.JPG
IMG_5643.JPG

My husband has been installing the SOR grey felt headliner in my HJ60 for the last 3 days. I tried to help, but he was crazy obsessing about getting it perfect, so I couldn't hang. But it is near perfect, looks as good as the factory in my opinion:
View attachment 1384516
He had never done anything like that before, and said it was difficult, but said he could do it in half the time if he were to do it again. I was going to do a little write up about it since I could find very little install info before hand to help him out.

Can I fly your husband up to Seattle for a weekend? :) This came out perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom