1990 HZJ77 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg
@cruiserdan ..... For future reference, this is a proper cup holder photo. Not one that features some type of scrap metal from your garage. :)

Is that a 2.8

Is that a 2.8
It's a rebuilt 4BT.
Confession time, I'm not changing engines. I was simply bored and getting an early start on April Fools Day. The Cummins engine is for a shops customer. I'm actually thrilled with the 1HZ-T.

I can't wait to see what he has planned for that engine. Cup holders look great. I did see a 1hd for sale in St Pete FL if you get bored and want to give Rob a different project haha.

Last edited:
Rob's got the old 1HZ putting out comparable horsepower to a 1HDT so I think I'll keep it. :)
It's that "bird in the hand" kinda thing.

We are trying to get some time on a local chassis dyno which obviously isn't as accurate as an engine dyno but should none the less provide some good numbers. I regret not testing the stock engine. While I obviously can't quote exact numbers at this point, I can tell you that the performance difference (before and after turbo) is nothing short of amazing.

Last edited:
While we are on the subject of 1HZ's and turbos allow me to address a question that I receive on a fairly regular basis.
Can Rob build a "turbo kit" for my 70 Series? ...... The answer is yes and no.
Almost all of Rob's turbo installations are basically "one of one" designs. For example, I have heat exchangers installed in the wings of my ARB brush bar and obviously this design wouldn't work if you don't have a similar brush bar. I have an A/W Intercooler because I didn't want to cut my hood. If you don't mind a hood scoop, cutting the hood wouldn't be an issue and A/W wouldn't be necessary. In other words when it comes to turbo installations "one size fits all" isn't really Rob's business model.

image.jpeg
One of the disadvantages of an early Spring ..... Huge doses of pine pollen. **

The writing on the hood was formed by the wind and is not a personal statement. Kinda magical.

Last edited:
View attachment 1418524 One of the disadvantages of an early Spring ..... Huge doses of pine pollen. **

The writing on the hood was formed by the wind and is not a personal statement. Kinda magical.

Hello,

You can say that again...

Or put it in a sticker for all non-Troopie 70 Series owners.

Just saying...

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom