hinge bushing / pin measurements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

swelltimes

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all -

Does anyone have handy measurements for OEM hinge pins, and the inner diameter of OEM bushings? I'm running into trouble reinstalling my front doors with old pins and new brass bushings. It's possible the old pins aren't the right size, or the new bushings aren't the right size.

Thanks,

Steve

I don't have the measurements, however I initially thought something was wrong on mine as well, but after a bit of reading I discovered that others had to slightly ream out the bushing to get a nice fit with the brass bushings. I tried new pins with no luck before I used a drill/bit/emory cloth to very slightly ream them out. I did clean up the pins with emory cloth as well - it didn't take much to open them up - definatly don't want them loose.

@Tex40 cool, thanks for the feedback. I'll try that out this weekend when I can get out to my shop for a bit.

With my truck, I'm just never sure what's OEM, and what's a "modification" from the PO.

I drilled mine out to fit Oilite bronze bushings... wasn't hard to do. Mine were way to far gone to work with 'Stock' bushings. From what I recall they're now 5/16" pin and 7/16" hole now.

Hi all -

Does anyone have handy measurements for OEM hinge pins, and the inner diameter of OEM bushings? I'm running into trouble reinstalling my front doors with old pins and new brass bushings. It's possible the old pins aren't the right size, or the new bushings aren't the right size.

Thanks,

Steve

I was never able to get the brass bushings to fit my pins. I thought something was wrong myself since I only read people raving about them. I just went back to OEM and they fit perfectly.

I think they are 8mm pins and the bushings are 8mm id - they just need some clearancing. Again it does t take much, I was happy with the results

Thanks for the replies, all. I'll hopefully have some time in my shop this weekend, and will post back up with any progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom