SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Problems with my DVD player: When I insert a disc it plays on the front screen (I am in Park), not on the rear screen. When I shift to drive the front screen loses the picture (for obvious reasons) yet the pic still does not appear on the rear screen-DVD audio plays. It has worked before. Here is the display on the rear screen. Any suggestions?
View attachment 1405279
Use the remote to choose the DVD option on the rear screen.

I've thought about this as well and considered taking the battery out of the spare fob, putting the battery and key fob in a zip lock bag, then hiding both together in a locking mount under the truck. My fear would be it falling off at some point and not realizing it until I needed it or something like that. As much as the keyless start system is convenient, for extended backcountry adventures I like having a plain old key!

Get a copy of the emergency key. It will open the door and put your spare key FOB inside the truck. The nice thing is with the current key is you can't lock your keys in the car. That is the only reason I have ever needed a spare key.:eek:

Not even a consideration until you mentioned it. Stay off the radar

Which is probably a dumb reason.

You'd think I'd been smoking the pot or something to think that.
Hahaha that's good. I've actually tested that thing out (DVD not blazing up) with the radio cranked up, it's sounds real good. My son has used it sporadically since 2012 and zero rattles.

Family gave me a Steve McQueen DVD for my birthday containing a couple of his movies. On our last long trip, I sat in the back of the LX like the King I Am while my girls took their turns driving and watched Bullitt. The picture was beautiful and the car chase, viewed while traveling at 75 mph inside a vehicle driven by one's daughter, was a total mind trip!!!!! I highly recommend it!

Family gave me a Steve McQueen DVD for my birthday containing a couple of his movies. On our last long trip, I sat in the back of the LX like the King I Am while my girls took their turns driving and watched Bullitt. The picture was beautiful and the car chase, viewed while traveling at 75 mph inside a vehicle driven by one's daughter, was a total mind trip!!!!! I highly recommend it!

Bullitt's final chase scene is amazing with a good sound system. Some serious growl!

Hahaha that's good. I've actually tested that thing out (DVD not blazing up) with the radio cranked up, it's sounds real good. My son has used it sporadically since 2012 and zero rattles.

We have a Yukon Denali XL as our road trip/ski rig, and I've watched DVDs in the back heated bucket seat with the sound blasting while my wife and her friend are in the front chatting away. I really enjoy it even if the screens are a little small like with the LC, but for what it is I think it's pretty cool.

Here is my SQOD: According to stock specs, the Land Cruiser height is 74" or 6'2". I am running stock right now, but when measuring I appear to come in about 73.5"? Has anyone physically measured the stock height? I am about to add slightly bigger tires (285/70/17 Terra Grapplers on RW Wheels). According to the difference in diameter of stock vs the Nittos, there is a difference of 1.25", which should increase my height by half that amount or .625 inches.

I park in a garage with 6'4" clearance listed, so I am getting pretty close to the limit if I am truly already at 73.5", but I don't have a square so it is hard to get an accurate measurement. I think I should still be under the limit, but don't want to hit the ceiling...

Here is my SQOD: According to stock specs, the Land Cruiser height is 74" or 6'2". I am running stock right now, but when measuring I appear to come in about 73.5"? Has anyone physically measured the stock height? I am about to add slightly bigger tires (285/70/17 Terra Grapplers on RW Wheels). According to the difference in diameter of stock vs the Nittos, there is a difference of 1.25", which should increase my height by half that amount or .625 inches.

I park in a garage with 6'4" clearance listed, so I am getting pretty close to the limit if I am truly already at 73.5", but I don't have a square so it is hard to get an accurate measurement. I think I should still be under the limit, but don't want to hit the ceiling...

Just a thought since you're close to your limit...
-Make sure you measure both sides and corners of your roof rack's highest points, since the 200 usually sit a bit higher/lower on one side or corner...

Last edited:
... but I don't have a square so it is hard to get an accurate measurement.

Just lay a 2x4 across the top of the roof rack and drop a tape measure down from the part of the 2x4 that extends to either side.

Best to mesure both sides and also a couple of different points fore and aft on the roof rack to make sure you find the highest point.

HTH

Just lay a 2x4 across the top of the roof rack and drop a tape measure down from the part of the 2x4 that extends to either side.

Best to mesure both sides and also a couple of different points fore and aft on the roof rack to make sure you find the highest point.

HTH

Funny you said that...because while I was in the shower, I thought of the EXACT same suggestion! I know...TMI... :hillbilly:

Just a thought since you're close to your limit...
-Make sure you measure both sides and corners of your roof rack's highest points, since the 200 usually sit a bit higher/lower on one side or corner...

Thanks, good idea. My passenger side is about an inch higher than the driver side. (74 "and 74 3/4" I assume the KDSS valve technique will help with this. Should still fit in my work garage, but it will be tight.

Has anyone else had trouble running pandora on a '13 via the entune app? It's fine from the phone to the Bluetooth but it's loads and looks like it's playing but no sound comes out when phone is connected via USB. Artist info loads and all. It's an iPhone 7+ Via USB to the truck.

Do I need to turn off Bluetooth to hard wire it in? Do I need to kill the pandora app on the phone? If pandora is running on my phone it does NOT match what's shown on the nav screen. Diffent artist / channel etc. is there some internal setting I need to use? Never had entune before so it's perplexing how all these things interface.

Best /safest and easiest way to get a second proximity key? I'm seeing wiped / virgin keys for $88 on eBay. Anyone have a seller or site they would recommend? I think I have a hookup for getting it programmed at the dealer but I need a key with a blank and the electronics inside (not just the shell). New owner here so I'm full of newbie questions.

TIA- Kevin

*** Disregard, I ordered a new one from the dealer. They hooked me up with employee pricing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom