What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (84 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_4115.JPG
IMG_4116-1.JPG
IMG_4117-1.JPG

waiting for wheels

IMG_4116.JPG

IMG_4117.JPG

I got the rest of my Ebay keys in, blanks cut by local locksmith and programmed using the brake/gas pedal doe-see-doe. The Ebay vendor was selling a package dealio for non-transponders. I bought the car used, and only ONE lousy key came with it, luckily a master.

Tally:

2 transponders ($60)
4 non-trans ($26)
Cut blanks ( $18.50)
Programming for a 1999 (free)
$104.5

I was able to program a max of 5 as masters, the last is a valet.

This sounds like an awesome little project - also bought mine with 1 key. Is the entire process stickied - am on potato phone and can't seem to find anything in the forum search.

i went to ace hardware they made an extra key, they programed it. $75.00

IMG_2069.JPG
IMG_2090.JPG
IMG_2105.JPG
IMG_2145.JPG
IMG_2148.JPG
"Un"Chromed the front grill ... 5-6 coats of rustoleum flexidip + gloss. Turned out more of a satin finish. I kept the spray cans in warm water between coats since it was ~40 during application. Wheels next???

2002 LC front end conversion to 2006-2007 front end plus HID Bixenon projector retrofit. I also have HID's in the high beam for double high beams. I have absolutely no need for off-road lights. It's incredible.

I'm getting the sub panels under the headlights painted so they are not installed.View attachment 1411349 View attachment 1411351 View attachment 1411352 View attachment 1411353
Write up please......? Parts list, approach, road blocks hit, I'm mostly interested on this particular HID kit as the older write ups are for brands that seemed have faded away.

2002 LC front end conversion to 2006-2007 front end plus HID Bixenon projector retrofit. I also have HID's in the high beam for double high beams. I have absolutely no need for off-road lights. It's incredible.

I'm getting the sub panels under the headlights painted so they are not installed.View attachment 1411349 View attachment 1411351 View attachment 1411352 View attachment 1411353
Like it!

Those sub panels would be perfect spot for a nice 6-8 bulb LED strip for DRL to go with your upgraded lamps.

165959001 | HELLA LEDayline Universal LED Daytime Running Light Wiring Harness

IMG_1804.JPG

Been off MUD for a while, just passed 420k and did a service, all 3 filters, & engine oil, went with Castrol's 5w40 fully synthetic, also changed front diff oil, used 80w90, checked t/fer case oil, topped up, and when we checked the rear there was a small leak and some pieces of metal... this coupled with a whine that just started 2 days prior... whilst i was away and my family decided to try get through mud that even the farm 4x4 tractors cannot get through... coupled with leaving the CDL on and driving it back into town about 60km's plus another 60km of me driving with the the whine i immediately picked up on, led me to service and inspect...
So now the half shafts are out, the diff is off, a brake pipe seized and replaced... I am busy rounding up the parts to rebuild my LSD rear diff of my 5 speed Diesel 2007 Hundy with its 4.1 ratio 11:43 pinion & crown. I have the seal, and have found the collapsible spacer, and 2 of the 4 bearings needed... parts are getting scarce here with the Zim $ slowly rearing its ugly head, now called Bond notes! hopefully tomorrow i can find some reasonably priced Pinion & carrier bearings... if anyone has dome this please point me in the right direction, as I need to find the right Torque settings for the collapsible spacer... if not will start a thread and add pics of what i am doing

No pictures but I finally ordered my white knuckle sliders! They will have step plates and a 10 degree angle to accommodate the wife and kiddos.

Thanks for the pictures! A great looking truck!

MY TJM front locker is still sitting in its box in my garage. I haven't started looking for someone to install it yet.

Who did your installation? Were there any issues? About how much did it cost?

I'm thinking it is time for me to start moving on getting it installed....

Thanks,
Gil
Ventura

Pardon the delayed response. Installation was smooth. I'd done most of the electrical wiring and compressor mounting before-hand. Did it in huntington beach diff shop for $595 (quite a fair price compared to what most places would charge)

A lady decided to make a turn left while I was going thru my green light on my wife's 100 Series.
I was driving with my wife and kids in the truck.
Nobody got hurt but the truck took the impact on the driver's side tire which caused it to bent the frame.
It's all good, the whole family is very excited to receive a 2000 100 Series that is coming next week.
After the accident my wife's only request was to find a land cruiser and nothing else.
I have a cruiserhead wife!!!!

A.J
IMG_20170211_185127754.jpg
IMG_20170211_184946450.jpg
IMG-20170211-WA0014.jpeg

IMG_9121.JPG IMG_9136.JPG IMG_9137.JPG Installed some LED Amber parking lights in my grill. Got the idea from my cousin when he said I should put some of those "TRD Offroad lights" from the 4runner on my rig. Was a pretty easy mod. $21 for the 3 LEDs on Amazon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom