Site Is Hacked By Apps! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Made some adjustments (and did a ton more research) between 2:30a and 5:30a this morning, obviously those adjustments were ineffective...still chasing.

these issues come in bursts....and the targeting is nearly impossible to track...frustrating.

Had an interesting issue today.... mud was in a Chrome tab - opened Chrome but not Mud.... still reloaded ads which then caused the "virus" phishing pop ups.

Here's history attached.

Screenshot_20170214-082458.png

80 series is where chrome has a quick link to, so that was when I pulled Mud back in.

For the past several weeks I have been getting random redirects when viewing the forum on Android Mobile. Once I am redirected, I have to close the tab I'm in and start over navigating to mud and searching again.

Todays seem particularly bad, perhaps 1 in 5 pages is kicking me out.

Screenshot_20170220-104051.png

Screenshot_20170220-104113.png

Screenshot_20170220-104055.png

This is getting out of hand. Is anyone addressing this issue? I can barely navigate the site because of the pop-ups. Of the half dozen forums and numerous other websites I regularly visit, Mud is the only site that does this.

Below is my history. Everything that is not the forum is a pop-up that came from the forum.

01329A1A-573D-4F1C-9EA8-7ACE96E3B266_zpsdbewbaqt.png

106CC9E5-C119-4F1E-9065-89D726F018DF_zpsxa7heq34.png

I add every URL that gets posted to the block list.

I spend hours chasing my tail trying to determine the offenders and block them entirely. 10 years ago, this issue was prevalent on desktop computers and was a continual headache for websites. Because Mobile covers 60% or more of internet traffic, those headaches have changed their attack strategy.

Other sites are experience the identical issues...it will be the worst on Sundays and Holidays (like today) because so many businesses don't have staff on hand to chase down the problems and solve them.

Last edited:
I add every URL that gets posted to the block list.

I spend hours chasing my tail trying to determine the offenders and block them entirely. 10 years ago, this issue was prevalent on desktop computers and was a continual headache for websites. Because Mobile covers 60% or more of internet traffic, those headaches have changed their attack strategy.

Other sites are experience the identical issues...it will be the worst on Sundays and Holidays (like today) because so many businesses don't have staff on hand to chase down the problems and solve them.

You can always become a supporting site member and get ZERO mobile ads. A mere $20/year.
My silver star runs out 3/24/17 and I keep getting pop ups that redirect me to crap and bounces me from the site. Any ideas?

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

Appears I've got an issue with the supporting member filters...great. (I view the forum under a full visitor-level ad setup) - will try and figure out where the issue lies.

Most of my pop ups are from Facebook, and I don't even have a Facebook account.

This is the link that is constantly opening for me.

Congrats!

I have an iphone 6s with ios 10.2.1. I can go to other sites and have no issues. As soon as I get to mud it takes only a few seconds and I am redirected to spin the wheel or you won money or iphone sites. Here is the browser history from both chrome app and safari.

Chrome.png

safari.png

I'm seeing the same ads as everyone else. It has gotten to the point where I cannot even surf the Mud forum on my iPhone because every page redirects me.

I'm happy to report that I'm having no ad/pop-up issues with the site anymore. Whatever you did, great work, Woody!

For those who use Androids, get Ghosterly web browser. Very nice browser and blocks all the creepers and redirects as well as any ads. I'm sure there is some loss of revenue to Mud but it was getting unusable otherwise. This page has 11 ad trackers in it. Chrome had me six way to Sunday everytime. My .02

For those who use Androids, get Ghosterly web browser. Very nice browser and blocks all the creepers and redirects as well as any ads. I'm sure there is some loss of revenue to Mud but it was getting unusable otherwise. This page has 11 ad trackers in it. Chrome had me six way to Sunday everytime. My .02
Or, support the site for $20/year.....hopefully it has saved you that and FAR more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom