Builds CK Excursions GX470 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

you've just changed my life. I am a huge fan of GooseGear, but a bigger fan of doing things myself. Thank you!

I'm in the same boat with you, plus my wallet is still intacked! LOL

now if only i could find corner joints like the goose gear ones... but I have my new storage system already drawn up. I am super nerdy.

I'm in the same boat with you, plus my wallet is still intacked! LOL

The HDPE might take a hit at your wallet by the end! But using 1/4" will save you about $20 a sheet and with all the cross bars you have 1/4" should be fine.

now if only i could find corner joints like the goose gear ones... but I have my new storage system already drawn up. I am super nerdy.

From what I could find on the corner joints, they are pricey, as much as $25 a piece!

The HDPE might take a hit at your wallet by the end! But using 1/4" will save you about $20 a sheet and with all the cross bars you have 1/4" should be fine.

I was able to find the 1/4" 4x8 sheet for $55. In using the 1/4" mounted into the t-slot, it will be super strong. If you look at the new style wooden trusses they use for building these days, this will be very similar. Plus in this box frame, the HDPE will be enclosed on all 4 sides.

From what I could find on the corner joints, they are pricey, as much as $25 a piece!

I was able to find the 1/4" 4x8 sheet for $55. In using the 1/4" mounted into the t-slot, it will be super strong. If you look at the new style wooden trusses they use for building these days, this will be very similar. Plus in this box frame, the HDPE will be enclosed on all 4 sides.

Where did you find a 4x8 sheet for $55? inquiring minds wanna know!

This looks like it will be a great build to watch. Loving the fact that already have a new product available because of it!

This looks like it will be a great build to watch. Loving the fact that already have a new product available because of it!

Thank you sir! Part of my goal with this build is to showcase as many Colorado companies as possible and hopefully bring some new products to life. Right now, I have other companies that I'm trying to work with for new or revamped products for the GX.

Stay tuned to see how this turns out. My deadline is April 30th for the build, Cruise Moab will be her first event!

The frames on Goosegear are just 80/20 tubing.

Shop

The frames on Goosegear are just 80/20 tubing.

Shop
I believe the OP stated he was using 10 series, and your link goes to 40 series. Does anyone know which one Goose is using? and are the strength benefits of the 40 over the 10 necessary for the somewhat "lighter" load put on an overland rig (i.e., not an industrial machine, only for organization)? The corner connectors for the 40 series are cheaper, but the rest of the parts seem about the same. I may be making an order soon...

I believe the OP stated he was using 10 series, and your link goes to 40 series. Does anyone know which one Goose is using? and are the strength benefits of the 40 over the 10 necessary for the somewhat "lighter" load put on an overland rig (i.e., not an industrial machine, only for organization)? The corner connectors for the 40 series are cheaper, but the rest of the parts seem about the same. I may be making an order soon...

Missed the 10 series part...sorry. I see the 10 series corner connectors are acutally more expensive then 40 series, which is interesting seeing as how the 40 series is almost twice the size.

Shop

I would say Goose Gear is using the 10 series. Yes 80/20 has all of the parts you would need for building these. However, I found the TNUTZ site to have better overall prices. One 8' stick is almost $5 cheaper on TNUTZ.

NEW UPDATE!!
The GX has been at
Hefty Fabworks for a few days now.
They are doing a full armor setup for me, al. front & rear bumpers, al. skids, and sliders!
I'll post pics of the progress when I have them

NEW UPDATE!!
The GX has been at
Hefty Fabworks for a few days now.
They are doing a full armor setup for me, al. front & rear bumpers, al. skids, and sliders!
I'll post pics of the progress when I have them

Hefty has skids now? I didn't know about this! Aluminum as an option, I hope?

They do good work. Awesome choice.

The Hefty gear is awesome.

The only complaint about the bumpers for the GX is that they retain part of the factory bumper cover.

Last edited:
If I had to do it over again, I would go HeftyFab for my bumpers. I missed that exit by a few years though :(

If I had to do it over again, I would go HeftyFab for my bumpers. I missed that exit by a few years though :(

I really like the aluminum option. The entire rear bumper (with a swingout) is under 70lbs...just ridiculously light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom