Dissent offroad modular rear bumper. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love what you're coming up with Ben. Just need to see the bike rack option and I will be throwing my money at you.

One thing I hadn't considered until now is that with my '06 the reverse lights will be blocked by the spare and second accessory. I'll have to add a light to the bumper i guess and wire it into the reverse bulbs.
Yeah, I still need to mount some good reverse lights on mine.
I would really like to come up with a good reverse light/camp light that is on a telescoping mount!

I just got called by my coater. Mines done! It wasn't supposed to be finished until Friday. Anyone know approximately how long it takes to install? I was thinking I'd have to wait till this weekend, but maybe I can knock it out after work one day.
Great!
It's hard for me to say how long it will take but it takes me about 4hours. I would say a good 8-10 hours should be about right.

Great!
It's hard for me to say how long it will take but it takes me about 4hours. I would say a good 8-10 hours should be about right.

How long would you estimate from when you're ready to cut the cross member to having just the bumper and new cross member installed? I can get to the arm later, but need to have the cross member in to get to work lol.

How long would you estimate from when you're ready to cut the cross member to having just the bumper and new cross member installed? I can get to the arm later, but need to have the cross member in to get to work lol.
Shouldn't take too long.
You will be fine to drive without the crossmember if needed but you shouldn't have a problem getting the bumper at least semi bolted up in a couple hours.

After a long weekend of working on the bumper and other various things. I finally got the thing installed!. I must say, this bumper is truly a masterpiece. As someone who has worked in garage with fantastic fabricators building $100k+ obnoxious mud bogging trucks, this bumper is by far one of the best pieces of work I've ever seen. The amount of forethought (probably in combination with lots of prototypes) is astounding. I was imagining that I would have to do a lot of work to get all the pieces of the bumper to line up because of its modular nature, but instead was amazed every time I put a piece on only to find it fit perfectly the first time.

Ben has raised the bar big time with this thing. Just the latching mechanism alone was what kept me from jumping on another bumper, but after getting it and seeing the craftsmanship, I'm extremely glad I waited (ALMOST A YEAR!).

EjS04D3.jpg

QKy96KM.jpg

G7RSMlG.jpg

XypWL5e.jpg

ufgny4M.jpg

LBcJMDG.jpg

72peSvj.jpg

pRxSL8k.jpg

BTW, I'm going to copy paste this and add it to a couple threads so you may see it more than once.
EjS04D3

After a long weekend of working on the bumper and other various things. I finally got the thing installed!. I must say, this bumper is truly a masterpiece. As someone who has worked in garage with fantastic fabricators building $100k+ obnoxious mud bogging trucks, this bumper is by far one of the best pieces of work I've ever seen. The amount of forethought (probably in combination with lots of prototypes) is astounding. I was imagining that I would have to do a lot of work to get all the pieces of the bumper to line up because of its modular nature, but instead was amazed every time I put a piece on only to find it fit perfectly the first time.

Ben has raised the bar big time with this thing. Just the latching mechanism alone was what kept me from jumping on another bumper, but after getting it and seeing the craftsmanship, I'm extremely glad I waited (ALMOST A YEAR!).

EjS04D3.jpg

QKy96KM.jpg

G7RSMlG.jpg

XypWL5e.jpg

ufgny4M.jpg

LBcJMDG.jpg

72peSvj.jpg

pRxSL8k.jpg

BTW, I'm going to copy paste this and add it to a couple threads so you may see it more than once.
EjS04D3
I totally agree with everything you said. Also, Ben is a great guy to do business with.

I love your white on white, congrats!

Hey Ben, if I would put my name on the order list today 3/20, would there be a chance to get it by june?

You know, I've been playing with the idea of either trying to make bumper myself...after I have all the stuff to get it done, but I keep coming back to @benc and his front and rear bumpers. The fact that he is pushing the capability of making a rear bumper more than a spare tire carrier is awesome. I still want to build as much as I can, but I may just as well save up to get the front and rear from Ben.

You know, I've been playing with the idea of either trying to make bumper myself...after I have all the stuff to get it done, but I keep coming back to @benc and his front and rear bumpers. The fact that he is pushing the capability of making a rear bumper more than a spare tire carrier is awesome. I still want to build as much as I can, but I may just as well save up to get the front and rear from Ben.
You should! Building a bumper is A LOT OF WORK! Not just the actual welding but also all the planing that goes along and all the try and error! Too much!
Do other things like roof rack and simpler things to begin with (even those can become big jobs tho!).

Ben
Just checking in.
November 10th,2016 was a long time ago,
I see other LX that look exactly like mine with finished bumpers. I can't wait to get my hands on the bumper.
Let me know how we are progressing.
Thanks!!

@drwapenshaw
It is a long time but yours coming up. I haven't forgot.
I will take this time to apologize to everyone still waiting!
But I ask to please keep in mind I'm just a one man show right now. I'm doing my best to get these out and there literally isn't a night that goes by that I'm not stressing about how long it's taking! I'm not going go into detail as I don't want to come off as making excuses but there have been some pretty major setbacks over the last few months that have really set me back.
If any of you can wait and are in no rush to get your rear please pm me! I will make it worth your while! if I could get a few guy to say no rush it would take a huge weight off!
Thanks again for all your patients and I know your probably getting tired of hearing it but it will be worth the wait.

Thank!
Ben.

@drwapenshaw
It is a long time but yours coming up. I haven't forgot.
I will take this time to apologize to everyone still waiting!
But I ask to please keep in mind I'm just a one man show right now. I'm doing my best to get these out and there literally isn't a night that goes by that I'm not stressing about how long it's taking! I'm not going go into detail as I don't want to come off as making excuses but there have been some pretty major setbacks over the last few months that have really set me back.
If any of you can wait and are in no rush to get your rear please pm me! I will make it worth your while! if I could get a few guy to say no rush it would take a huge weight off!
Thanks again for all your patients and I know your probably getting tired of hearing it but it will be worth the wait.

Thank!
Ben.
I am ready when you're ready. I can hold off till things settle down.

Thanks Tom!
You guys are amazing!
Already 3 guys. You guy don't even know how much this helps.
Thanks. I will make it worth your while.

Installed mine last night everything lined up beautifully what an amazing bumper and work by Benc.

Some advice for EVERYONE installing this bumper... Make sure you install the connection brackets correctly, they are not the same one is for driver side one is for passenger side, its easy to oversee because they seem interchangeable but they are not! this piece of advice may save you an hour of more of re-work. Also install as much as you can on the bumper before you put it on the truck like plates etc..

I was so happy to see it all together and then go to finish the cherry on top with the gas strut and SURPRISE!!! have to do it all over again LOL!! man I felt dumb....

The entire install is a breeze, hardest thing was the rubber bump stops after the bumper is installed its tricky to tighten them up.

Going to disassemble it today to correct the brackets dang it have to line everything up again!. Will be posting pics soon...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom