The wait is over! The GX has arrived! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was just in the US Virgin Islands on vacation, I drive a RHD in a LHD world back home, but you guys drive LHD vehicles on RHD roads, it was freaky even for me, lol! What in the world would be the reason for keeping RHD roads when you have nothing but LHD vehicles?!?

I was just in the US Virgin Islands on vacation, I drive a RHD in a LHD world back home, but you guys drive LHD vehicles on RHD roads, it was freaky even for me, lol! What in the world would be the reason for keeping RHD roads when you have nothing but LHD vehicles?!?

It is a bit weird driving down here driving on the wrong side of the road but you get used to it. When the Danes owned the island a 100 years ago they drove on the left and when the US bought the islands they never changed it over. It only sucks at night when everyone's headlights are pointing right in your eyes. To compensate everyone drives with their brights on! Even worse!! Small price to pay to live in paradise. Makes this place a little extra special.

Have finally added the Winch bumper from SoFlo bumpers (ARB copy $800) and finished with the fender trimming and even a little bumper trimming to fit the hood. Third time is a charm!

IMG_1895.JPG

IMG_1896.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1873.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

I had to place a 1/2 in spacer behind the winch support to bring the bumper forward enough for the hood to clear the top hoop and the top of the bumper. After fitting the bumper again after installing the spacer the hood would clear the top hoop but hit on the top of the flat part of the bumper. So I marked the amount of material that needed to be removed and trimmed off about a 1/2 in of the bumper with a jig saw and a metal blade. After that mounted the bumper one more time and my hood will close with out hitting anything. So to any one thinking about this SoFlo bumper just a heads up. It takes a little work to make it fit. I'm satisfied enough with the welds and construction of the bumper but was not the easiest to install and no instruction provided. I plan to color match the bumper to blizzard pearl and leave the hoops black. Should look real nice after that. Here is some more pics. Enjoy

IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1779.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

Spacer time for more clearance. I am using this dock chafing material I had laying around. It is 1/2 in thick, the perfect size. Dremmeled them to the right size and bam. Then jig saw and the hood clears with a little wiggle room.

IMG_1854.JPG

IMG_1856.JPG

IMG_1857.JPG

IMG_1872.JPG

IMG_1873.JPG

I still have to trim the fender flares and I think I'm gonna let my body man who is painting the bumper to color match trim the flares. But I really like the bumper so far. Looks pretty tough.

IMG_1866.JPG

IMG_1875.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

IMG_1884.JPG

IMG_1896.JPG

Last few shots of the GX before the bumper gets painted fenders get trimmed and OPOR sliders will be going on tomorrow after the last coat of POR -15 with top coat. Also got my android unit for Toyota prado from amazon installed and I really like the upgrad stereo. Gives the factory speakers more power and sound great now. Plus blue tooth is automatic now.

IMG_1888.JPG

IMG_1890.JPG

IMG_1893.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1839.JPG

Great looking GX! I was lucky enough to spend 10 days in St Croix this past summer and it's a truly magical place, we stayed on the west side and that's certainly some place I could call home.

Great looking GX! I was lucky enough to spend 10 days in St Croix this past summer and it's a truly magical place, we stayed on the west side and that's certainly some place I could call home.

Thanks for the comment! I have been working hard building my GX. I live and work on the west side of the island and have been here for 7+ years. I own a jet ski and Flyboard rental on Rainbow Beach called West End Water Sports. It is a very special place and a very laid back slower island. So happy I found this place. Stop by if you make it back next year.

Thanks for the comment! I have been working hard building my GX. I live and work on the west side of the island and have been here for 7+ years. I own a jet ski and Flyboard rental on Rainbow Beach called West End Water Sports. It is a very special place and a very laid back slower island. So happy I found this place. Stop by if you make it back next year.

I will be back, and oddly enough I remember your place pretty well!

Hey thanks for the good words. I like The bumper too. Want to get the flares cut and finish it out. Some one on this forum had to try out the SoFlo ARB bumper. Fits good now but not perfect. Was not easy to fit. Quality is not as good as ARB but pretty close for half price.

Last few shots of the GX before the bumper gets painted fenders get trimmed and OPOR sliders will be going on tomorrow after the last coat of POR -15 with top coat. Also got my android unit for Toyota prado from amazon installed and I really like the upgrad stereo. Gives the factory speakers more power and sound great now. Plus blue tooth is automatic now.

View attachment 1411022

View attachment 1411023

View attachment 1411025

View attachment 1411026

View attachment 1411027
More details on this radio?

More details on this radio?

The radio is a chinese android unit i got from Amazon. Took a few weeks to arrive and the first unit was defective. They sent a replacement a few weeks later and this one works great. You need a interface unit that will talk to the factory amp and make it work with the android unit. after installing per the instruction I have the steering wheel controls and easy bluetooth. Installation was pretty strait forward but not plug and play. I had to match wire colors and reference a lexus wiring diagram but take your time and its not that hard. You do not have to add the can bus unit they say you need just the one adapter that is like $50. I dont have the part number on me but when you search amazon and find the unit they suggest two extra things to buy one is the unit that utilized the factory amp. My 04 Gx was a non nav model by the way.

I was supposed to pick up the my GX from my body shop tomorrow but when i stopped by to check it out early I noticed a problem. The fender flares are too close to the bumper! Looks good but no wiggle room means they will pop off once I hit a bump. They are cool with fixing the flares but need a few more days to make the changes. I think it looks good so far! Can't wait to see the finished product with fog lights in and painted splash gards installed. Gonna look sick. The body shop nailed the 3 stage blizzard pearl paint job. I had the whole front end done for a fair price. Dent and big chips in the hood and my rough cut of the fenders led to the whole front end paint job.

I'll post more pics when I pick it up.

IMG_1952.JPG

IMG_1954.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

IMG_1956.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom