Best onroad lighting option that will work in a TJM T-13 bull bar? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I have a 99 Land Cruiser and compared to my daily driver (2005 Acura TL) I absolutely hate the headlights. Once you get used to good HID's, going back to halogens is painful.

I am purchasing a TJM T-13 bull bar bumper in a couple weeks, and planned on putting some good lights in the driving light holes built into the bumper.

I want the maximum light possible for the size, but I would also like to keep it road legal, or at least appear road legal (not have a beam pattern that will blind oncoming traffic) ...

I know there are lots of offroad lighting options that would fit and be bright, but I'm not sure what would be good in terms of being able to use them on the road at night.

I've considered installing some HID projectors, either something aftermarket or some actual headlight projectors out of an Acura or something... Simply turn them into a second (better) set of headlights, in place of "driving lights"... However, if there is a better option that would give me even more light, or if one of you might have another idea, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks!
--ElmoTheDestroyer

PS - I have considered retrofitting the headlights with HID projectors, but I figured since I gotta get lights for the bumper anyway I'll just kill 2 birds with one stone. :)

Last edited:
I'd start with the headlights as they're going to serve you better for everyday driving. Just my opinion. I love my retrofits, best thing I've done for lighting upgrades.

image.jpeg
If you're considering driving lights I would take a look at Aurora's product line. They have a 5" and 7" LED driving lights.
I installed the 7" version and the output is phenomenal. I removed LightForce 170 Strikers. (The photo shows the difference).

While a little pricy, Rigid has street legal (DOT/SAE compliant) LED fog lights with an awesome cutoff. Since they are fogs, mine are aimed to end where the headlights begin, so they fill in the gaps. They might not be a distance light but for daily driving they give a good low width, so everything from the front end to the headlights is lit up, and a little width is added.

ProjectLM has some really nice setups with good cutoffs. Probably not legal for on road use, but they'd work pretty well as auxiliary high beams

Where did you buy your Aurora's from?
Rob Smith (Odd Iron Off Road) inventories a full line of Aurora's lighting products. The majority of my lights were bought
from him. He is a close friend and his website can be accessed through my signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom