Anyone know who owns this FJ62 in Williamsburg, VA? I know now.....the assessment begins. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

deadlew

SILVER Star
Threads
This poor neglected FJ62 has been sitting, at my friend's shop where he works, for about 3 years in Williamsburg, VA. I asked the owner of the shop about it, and he said the owner has moved down to North Carolina. Please get a hold of me or let me know if you own it or know who owns it. Thanks.

KIMG0832_zpsquu6ztas.jpg

PaulC

This poor neglected FJ62 has been sitting, at my friend's shop where he works, for about 3 years in Williamsburg, VA. I asked the owner of the shop about it, and he said the owner has moved down to North Carolina. Please get a hold of me or let me know if you own it or know who owns it. Thanks.

KIMG0832_zpsquu6ztas.jpg

PaulC
Try pulling the VIN and doing a CarFax search or possibly go to the DMV to see if you can gather any information. Looks like the tag on the plate says "13" which probably means it was last registered in 13, so DMV may be a dead end.

Looks solid. Good luck on that.

It is located at George's towing. Three years ago it seemed solid, I've been patiently been keeping on eye on it. It is a shame it is just sitting there rotting from the bottom up, sitting on a wet grassy part of the lot. Now it is covered by the beginning stages of moss and the inside is has the wonderful smell of mildew. My friend says it needs says it looks like a mosquito patrol truck when it is running.

PaulC

After 3 years, why doesn't the yard lien sale it? They don't charge storage fee's? 3 years of no contact from owner is likely considered abandoned?

Worth a try.

It's a complicated story. Here is the short version.

-My neighbor is the son of the owner of the shop.
-I talked with his dad, and he said that he wasn't going to charge him storage because he paid for the work already done.
-Tried to get contact info, and he can't find it (kind of gives you an idea what kind of garage it is).

A little update. I did a VIN search on it and got a name, probably the owner. I heard the owner of the garage say that the owner of the 62 worked for this guy and a restaurant. I called the restaurant up and asked for the owner of the restaurant. I stated why I was calling, she took my name and number, and she said she would look into it. A few minutes later she called back with the owner of the 62 phone number. It turned out to be a good number, so I called and left a message.

PaulC

When you get it don't forget to take a ton of before pics.
We go crazy for before/after pics of a resuscitation.

Called and left another message today. I was beginning to lose hope. But then, I just received a text message from the owner saying he'll call me after he got off work today. Ok, now I'm a little excited.

PaulC

Ok, now I'm even more excited. It is like getting my first Cruiser all over again, don't quite understand it. Anyways, just had a conversation with the owner. He agreed that I could pick up FJ62 and bring it over to my house so I can go through the truck, to get a good gauge of what condition it is in. This will is just in case he wants to sell it, and that everyone gets a fair deal.

My neighbor said that it was running hot and white smoke was coming out of the tailpipe. I told the guy I would check the coolant and do a pressure check on the coolant system, drain the oil and check it's condition, do a compression test, and check the condition of the cylinders with a borescope.

So it should be on my trailer and at my house Monday or Tuesday night!!!

PaulC

Last edited:
This car escaped Alcatraz, my neighbor said this is probably the first car to leave this shop in one piece or escaped the crusher after sitting as long as it did.

Without further ado some pictures.

KIMG0849_zps8ntyegyw.jpg

KIMG0850_zpsickcxxnm.jpg

KIMG0846_zpscrtdqu0i.jpg

KIMG0847_zps83pgfgas.jpg

KIMG0845_zpsz4b4kobg.jpg

KIMG0844_zpsu1zq4z8v.jpg

It is a very solid truck.

PaulC

So any idea why it was at the shop in the first place? Or are you still waiting for time to get to that part?
I bet there was lots of animal items left in that thing. They can get in pretty much anywhere, regardless of how well sealed it may seem.

It was at the shop for an over heating problem. The radiator shows signs of boil over. That is the first place I'm starting, pressurizing the cooling system to see if it has a blown head gasket or rusted through freeze plugs. Then a compression test.

PaulC

Don't make it too nice before you settle on a price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom