How long have you owned your 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was talking to the wife the other day about the 80 and thinking I have had it a long time. I bought mine in fall of 03, how long and how many miles have you driven yours.

I've had mine for a little over a year, maybe close to a year and a half. I've put about 20k on it so far. Coming up on front-end-rebuild'o'clock.

May 1, 2010. Took me a year and a half to wear out the 315 Wranglers so I could go to 37s. Have put 95,000 miles on it so far.

About 2.5 years. That's actually pretty long for me--I tend to buy and sell vehicles with the same frequency most people upgrade their cell phones. I have bought and sold 2 daily drivers since I bought the 80. :eek:

Pretty happy with the current combo (LX450 and chevy volt). Will probably hang on to both until the chevy blows up.

17 yrs. for the 80 series.

Not quite a year on the Lexus.

5 years, almost to the day.

FJ55 for 10 years before that.

Current 80, 10 years and counting.

Previous 80, 3 years -- never should have sold.

10 years, and 125k miles . No plans to get rid of it any time soon

Maybe not the thread for this; however, this made me reflect why I bought an 80. Who I should thank for inspiring me. @sleeoffroad is totally to blame. No plans at this time to jump to a three didget land cruiser.

Across the 4 daily driven 80's I have had one for 8 years now. Thanks Christo! It has been a very fun ride so far.

Mine has been in my family since it was new. I am the fourth driver of it, but I've been in the car since I was little. I've got about 235,000 on it. I drove about 70,000 of it.

Last edited:
My mom bought mine brand new in 93 and I took possession a few years ago.

Picked it up in Feb. 2012 w/ 196K on the clock and crap for maintenance.

Have gone through most of it for baselining and have put on 58K miles.

Now it's my DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom