ARL test options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was thinking about getting set up with a basic 2m radio before Cruise Moab, but I don't seem to have many testing options less than 2 hours away. I figured there would be more exams in a major metro area (Salt Lake City).
Are there testing resources that I'm missing?

http://www.arrl.org/find-an-amateur-radio-license-exam-session

That web site will usually find them. Did you look in Ogden and Provo/Orem as well?

I was thinking about getting set up with a basic 2m radio before Cruise Moab, but I don't seem to have many testing options less than 2 hours away. I figured there would be more exams in a major metro area (Salt Lake City).
Are there testing resources that I'm missing?

Find an Amateur Radio License Exam in Your Area

I searched by State and came up with SLC locales

Exam Session

04/01/2017 | Salt Lake City UT 84190-0001
Sponsor: Utah ARC
Time: 8:00 AM (No walk-ins)
Learn More

Unfortunately that April 1st session is the only SLC option before CM, and it also coincides with me sequestered in a ski lodge in Canada...:)
I checked the ARRL site for all of Utah.
Oh well. I'll get it figured out after CM.

I searched by State and came up with SLC locales

Exam Session

04/01/2017 | Salt Lake City UT 84190-0001
Sponsor: Utah ARC
Time: 8:00 AM (No walk-ins)
Learn More

Buy a 2M radio and take it to CM to listen in (and use in case of an emergency).

@Hayes

Email Steve to see when the next cram class is going to be. He does them on Saturday mornings in the law library at BYU. My brother and I did one of these a few years ago and doing it again would just self study and show up after lunch ready to take the test. Steves email is nv7v@ucares.org. Here is a link that talks about the class. (link)

They also have club meetings (in the same library at BYU I think) on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. Another one of my brothers took the test at one of those meetings after he flaked from the Saturday morning thing I went to.

Check this list out.

^ ditto

Found a session on the list you linked to. Completed and passed the Technician exam today.
Thanks for your help.

@Hayes

Email Steve to see when the next cram class is going to be. He does them on Saturday mornings in the law library at BYU. My brother and I did one of these a few years ago and doing it again would just self study and show up after lunch ready to take the test. Steves email is nv7v@ucares.org. Here is a link that talks about the class. (link)

They also have club meetings (in the same library at BYU I think) on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. Another one of my brothers took the test at one of those meetings after he flaked from the Saturday morning thing I went to.

Check this list out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom