2001 sequoia build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to build up a 2001 SR5 Sequoia. I am interested in installing a 3 inch or so body lift but having problems finding one? I found some on Amazon that look like they should work OK, they're not mainstream common manufacturers though. Also I was wondering if anyone has any experience with what size tire I will be able to fit underneath w this lift? Would a 35 inch tire fit underneath? Nor would I be better off going with the 285-75-R16? Thanks!

If you cant find a body lift, you may consider looking a suspension lifts. Going up to a 35" tire on a 1st gen is going to require some wheel well modifications from what I've seen. The 285-75-R16 should be a good fit or even a 285-75-17.

My local tire shop guy told me "there's no way I could fit the 285-75 r16on this truck w the stock rims. Said I would need to get aftermarket rims that are a bit offset to make them fit. Do you think the stock rims would work w the 285-75 r16?

image.jpg
You don't want a body lift.
Some bilstein 5100 shocks (fronts are adjustable height) and wheel spacers for your stock wheels, or aftermarket wheels with the correct offset will get you plenty of room for 285/75/16, 17. I went with a stock land cruiser spring in the back but I don't think it's necessary.

View attachment 1412574 You don't want a body lift.
Some bilstein 5100 shocks (fronts are adjustable height) and wheel spacers for your stock wheels, or aftermarket wheels with the correct offset will get you plenty of room for 285/75/16, 17. I went with a stock land cruiser spring in the back but I don't think it's necessary.
Do you think if I just put spacers in and did not add the shocks do you think that the 285's would fit?

If you put spacers in, you'll want longer shocks regardless. With the Bilsteins up front you don't need spacers. In the rear I don't think you'll need them, but check some other build threads.

If you put spacers in, you'll want longer shocks regardless. With the Bilsteins up front you don't need spacers. In the rear I don't think you'll need them, but check some other build threads.
Thanks for the help, i'll look around down here to see if I can find any other info. Would just adding those shocks upfront make the vehicle set higher upfront than in the rear if I didn't do anything back there?

The 5100s have multiple spring perches, so you have some adjustment with how much lift they provide. The back normally rides a bit higher than the front, so I've seen people use these to level out the stance of the trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom