RHD/LHD conversion LJ71 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

After almost 2 years of sitting in the garage I finely started the conversion from RHD to LHD on my Land Cruiser LJ71.

I use an old LJ70 as a donor. I´ll post pics and varius stuff during the prodject.
I also have some parts that I don´t need anymore.

07.jpg

Please let me know If you are looking for RHD parts 148000km in really good condition.
IMG_3394.JPG

A/C parts RHD
IMG_3399.JPG

Headlights RHD,
IMG_3400.JPG

Combination switch RHD and LHD
IMG_2262.JPG

All the internal parts ecc .

to be continued....

I have a pair!
I live in Gothenburg, the second-largest city in Sweden:)

are you going to swap the firewall over from the donor LHD or try and modify the RHD one, there is a good thread on here somewhere from a couple of years back of a RHD to LHD firewall swap and conversion

Yes I used that thread for inspiration:)
No the donor was way to rusty. I´ll use the original firewall with new holes and weld in some new attachemnt points for the steering, heater, AC ecc.

- Shipping to Vancover may be expensive but I´ll check it upp.

Does someone have this plastic parts laying around but for the LHD?
It's a discontinued part that I need.

IMG_3392.JPG

If I could offer some advice. Don't get rid of that heater core. Bloody expensive, and that is essentially
a free spare part right there. I've done the conversion thing, clean up parts you don't need for now, put them in a
box until you are done, then re-assess.

Hi,

After almost 2 years of sitting in the garage I finely started the conversion from RHD to LHD on my Land Cruiser LJ71.

I use an old LJ70 as a donor. I´ll post pics and varius stuff during the prodject.
I also have some parts that I don´t need anymore.

View attachment 1302760

Please let me know If you are looking for RHD parts 148000km in really good condition.
View attachment 1302764
A/C parts RHD
View attachment 1302767
Headlights RHD,
View attachment 1302768
Combination switch RHD and LHD
View attachment 1302765
All the internal parts ecc .

to be continued....
Hello, I'm looking for all internal parts on dashboard, and Headlights RHD.. How much?

If I could offer some advice. Don't get rid of that heater core. Bloody expensive, and that is essentially
a free spare part right there. I've done the conversion thing, clean up parts you don't need for now, put them in a
box until you are done, then re-assess.

THX for the advice! Just trying to recover some denaros, buying parts from Japan is painfull for the wallet.

Do you want the complete "kit" parts like air duct, combination swith, evaporator, heater, vent ecc?
Thank you for ur response,..
No, just looking for combination switch and knob for air conditioner, switch compartement, sun roof control unit, antenna motor, rpm meter/gauge (I don't know, the meter not function)... for the last I need coloum steering-only steering last model LJ71..
Regards..

I have all the part you are looking for exept the sunroof switch. You are free to give me an offer:)

Did you complete the Conversion, I want to do this too...... Any more pictures of the actual conversion

Hi,

Im in the middle of the conversion now. I can take some pictures tomorrow.

Hi Chilli
I am a BJ42 owner living in Turkey. If everything goes well, I will be living in Denmark and practise as a dentist in Denmark next year. Unfortunately, I have to sell my baby to have money to spend in Denmark for first unemployed year. So, here is the question. Where did you find this beautiful 70? Outside the Europe, am I right? Is it allowed to import this kind of vehicle easily? Is it expensive to pay for custom fee? Etc etc. I would talk to you so much because I will take my revenge and buy a 70 immediately when I start to Work as a dentist in Denmark. Thank you and success in your project!

Hi,

Danmak has 150% tax on cars so therfore it´s expensive with cars. I took mine frome japan to sweden but we dont have the same tax structure.
There is a bj45 for sale in danmark right now: Toyota, Land Cruiser, 3,4 D - dba.dk

Good luck with your transfer:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom