3FE major issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I personally would check the condition of your injectors and compression. if you have good compression and injectors are firing the way they should check back with an update and we can go from there.

Update, injectors are firing well, compression was a touch low but consistent;
135/125/135/135/125/135
We've got it running, re done timing, the issue now is that it backfires as soon as you try to rev it on lpg. Backfired once on petrol then ran out so I'll be getting a jerry can later on and topping the unleaded up to try that again.

No codes now that it's running again? Sounds like a throttle position sensor to me. But I'm still learning with these big turds still....

No codes now that it's running again? Sounds like a throttle position sensor to me. But I'm still learning with these big turds still....

I know the wiring on the tps was dodgey, we've rectified that and tried moving it with no change. Newest suspicion is burnt valve or something around there. I've head that running in lpg can soften the valve stems and cause them to misshapen? I'll be pulling the top of the engine apart tomorrow night after work (if I have daylight left when I get home lol)

So it turns out some silly man out leads 3 and 4 on backwards. She now runs, but is blowing smoke out the exhaust - it's not burning oil, so I'm hoping when the incorrect plug gap 'sooted' everything, it's just dumped a heap of s*** everywhere that I have to burn off.. right?

So it turns out some silly man out leads 3 and 4 on backwards. She now runs, but is blowing smoke out the exhaust - it's not burning oil, so I'm hoping when the incorrect plug gap 'sooted' everything, it's just dumped a heap of s*** everywhere that I have to burn off.. right?
Yeah that's very possible run it for a while and see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom