Builds The White Trash - Chopped 80 tube bed AKA Proper Cupholders for Starbucks (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Perfect, once I finish the black LX, the grey LX is going under the knife.....

You don't want your beautiful LX anywhere near my :hillbilly: fab skillz. If it can't be accomplished with a cutoff wheel, hammer, welder I'm not interested.

I guess I never posted a "finished picture of the front end. Trimmed and pieced it all back together so I could go wheeling.

IMG_1170.JPG

IMG_1171.JPG

I've still got to finish it up with a bumper.

I'm probably going full "ute" with this thing in the future. Stay tuned for more s***ty fabwork!

Dat door tho...

Looks good, right? I had a four hour round trip on the highway and a day of wheeling and it was ~30*F outside. I had to settle for one full door so I didn't die. Still had a half door on the passenger side and no back. It was a long trip.

Somehow a full door fits perfectly on the drivers side. The windshield fits. But the passenger door is off by about 3 inches.... I've got a good body sitting in the field so I'm going to cut the top off it and weld it onto the Trash. I need to be able to run full doors for winter time beater duty.

What color is the spare body?

Same color as the door. I guess I could replace all the white sheet metal with the navy blue stuff. But I already have so much effort and care into the chopped white fenders. And I'd lose my stickers on the passenger side fender.... :(

I like the multi color look. it is kinda a flash from the past for me....
IMG_3782.jpg

I vote lumber flatbed :eek:

Me likey!!

I vote lumber flatbed :eek:

I'm still trying to decide. I did that on a 60 I built and it was fine, but it was pretty high in the air. I think this one would have to be even higher.

IMG_0370.JPG

I was thinking something more like the Allpro bed.

IMG_1247.JPG

Any ideas or input would be great.

Picked up these seats. Pretty comfy and very light. Came with sliders too. I was going to adapt some '91 manual seat rails to my leather seats but this looked easier. And it will give me more room if I want to shorten the cab up.

Anyone interested in some manual seat rails shoot me a PM.

These photos were taken with the seat slid all the way forward. I'm 6'3" and with the seat slid all the way back I can't reach the firewall with my feet and it still fits within the confines of the "cab".

IMG_1254.JPG
IMG_1255.JPG
IMG_1256.JPG

Nice seats -- look like the PRP I just bought.

I forgot to take a pic of our ute project from above and reply to your questions about what to do for a bed. If you look down from above on the exposed frame, basically right behind the rear axle, that space is open (previously was space for the spare) to do whatever you want. Depending on how much you bob the back for your rear departure angle, I would put a lower deck there or weld in a storage box there low as you can, basically between the frame rails.

The "upper section" above the fuel tank and axle can be a spot for your spare.

Nice seats -- look like the PRP I just bought.

I forgot to take a pic of our ute project from above and reply to your questions about what to do for a bed. If you look down from above on the exposed frame, basically right behind the rear axle, that space is open (previously was space for the spare) to do whatever you want. Depending on how much you bob the back for your rear departure angle, I would put a lower deck there or weld in a storage box there low as you can, basically between the frame rails.

The "upper section" above the fuel tank and axle can be a spot for your spare.

Ive been thinking about the toolbox idea. I like it. I can't figure out if it will be useful or more of a novelty...

I take a bunch of tools and extra parts when I go wheeling, so no brainer for me.

how about a slide out?

look at 1:10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom