AHC system offroad (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMHO: AHC is an unnecessary complication that belongs on buses and Escalades and soft-roaders like LXs. That's why its not offered down here on LCs.

Yes its offered in Europe and the US but the number of owners there with AHC that would even consider getting their tires muddy is probably less than the number of AHC LXs you would meet attempting Big Red. i.e bugger-all to none. (OK ok, one or two LX nut cases here sure, but then IH8mudders are all mad as meat axes and hardly count :)

just saying.

Yes, the LX is such a "soft-roader"...... Mine sometimes even get stuck on dusty pavement.

All kidding aside, I believe that an AHC equipped LX is just as capable as a stock LC. The LX might even be a little better since it can get the body higher for better departure sdn approach angles.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405968916.878000.jpg

Yes yes but think about the environment... what about all the bling bits and bobs that fall off and end up littering the trail?. :moon:

But full marks to you Crazy. That's certainly a dirty LX right there. No doubting a stock LC can be clearance challenged.

stonepa, that's very interesting.. Have you looked into sliders at all? Also, what's been your experience with the AHC? Comparable to an aftermarket 2" lift on a LC in your estimation?

It's good to see the link to the RTI data I compiled earlier (that Google+ link was mine). Those data convinced me to get a 2007 LC100 with AHC/AVS.

So far in light off roading I've crunched a running board a bit, pinstriped the sides, torn out a sidewall, and scraped the hitch more times than I can count. No issues with AHC/AVS, on the other hand.

Reviving an old thread. I take my LX off-roading quite a bit and it's been great so far. I'm waiting for some LX specific rock sliders to come on market but for now I'm leaving on my running boards. I'd rather munch up the running boards than have a rock make contact with the body of the car.

94DB6629-0AF3-438B-91B9-C0589A9F9495_zpsgzmryzdc.jpg

95341D11-5AF2-4FFA-97E0-2A16053F1243_zpsl3y7jxh3.jpg

not sure how accurate this are, but here's what the internet said:)
538 - 2009 Lexus LX 570 with Adaptive Variable Suspension
542 - 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser with KDSS

Interesting. Wanted to point out that if these measurements were on stock tires, with the LX570 being on 20's, it would be at a slight disadvantage. Yet it still score practically the same as the KDSS equipped, 18" shod LC. Now if there were on the same wheel/tire...

Lummie,

Where did you get your Rays wheels please? Thank you.

I4C 4LO

Reviving an old thread. I take my LX off-roading quite a bit and it's been great so far. I'm waiting for some LX specific rock sliders to come on market but for now I'm leaving on my running boards. I'd rather munch up the running boards than have a rock make contact with the body of the car.

94DB6629-0AF3-438B-91B9-C0589A9F9495_zpsgzmryzdc.jpg

95341D11-5AF2-4FFA-97E0-2A16053F1243_zpsl3y7jxh3.jpg

Thanks @Lummie - I did call Mackin and spoke with a sales guy. I told him what I wanted to and what I will use the truck for. He basically talked me out of it citing the weight we all carry would be really close to the wheel rating. So I didn't - now seeing it on your rig..... DAMN IT!!! hahaha

I would love to see your rig in person - we are in SoCal often. Maybe even next week - going to Adrenaline Bikes to pick up my new road bike.

Thanks again for your time. Truck looks great!!!

I bought them off a friend but he originally ordered them from Mackin Industies. I believe Evasive Motorsports sells them also.

Thanks @Lummie - I did call Mackin and spoke with a sales guy. I told him what I wanted to and what I will use the truck for. He basically talked me out of it citing the weight we all carry would be really close to the wheel rating. So I didn't - now seeing it on your rig..... DAMN IT!!! hahaha

I would love to see your rig in person - we are in SoCal often. Maybe even next week - going to Adrenaline Bikes to pick up my new road bike.

I just saw this! Sorry if I missed out on meeting up with you this past week. I work in Gardena so maybe we can meet up during lunch some time if you're passing through SoCal again.

Hey @i4c4lo, let me know if you want a set. I'm in SoCal too and like @Lummie, I love my Volks. ;)

IMG_5688.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom