6.7L Cummins and Allison auto into 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I have seen a few 6bt conversions into the 80, but has anyone tried the 6.7 ISB? Would it even fit by it self or with the Allison gearbox....

Theres a thread from many years ago where someone started doing a Duramax V8 with Allison transmission swap before deciding to do a Chevy V8 swap instead. If I recall correctly the Allison transmission did fit. However, the 6.7 ISB would likely need a body lift to fit. Whether the rest of the drivetrain would be able to handle the torque of the 6.7 is questionable.

The front and rear diffs can be beefed up a bit but would still have to be used carefully.... I did some research and one had been fitted to a 105 series however the front prop shaft would not clear the allison so it was abandoned.

I doubt the A442F could be setup to handle the Cummins

Marks 4wd mentioned a duramax being swapped into a cruiser with a 6L90 because the Allison wouldn't fit. Supposedly the dmax had this transmission in 3/4 and 1-ton vans in the states...

I would ask why? Our 6.7's at work are nothing but problems and return horrible fuel mileage. The 5.9's are still kicking and get way better power with a barely noticeable loss in power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom