Cup Holders? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We test fitted Dans sample in my auto BJ74 just now. It has slightly wider aftermarket seats installed, but the cupholder would still work I'll be at a tight fit with the automatic transmission shifter housing. I didn't snap a picture but Dan may have they look great can't wait to get one!
Hopefully Dan snapped some pics. Would really like to see the auto tranny set up without the center console and how the cup holder fits into to all of that.

Here are a couple pics from Dan. The rubber floor isn't quite sitting flush to the sheet metal under it causing the cup holder to not sit flush. Here's a shot of that. Once Dan pushed down with some weight then the cup holder snugged the rubber down to the metal and allowed the cup holder to sit flush and level. Looks like we have the angles perfect to mount pretty flush to the carpeted and rubber floor 70's. I have one minor change I will make and will go into production on these this week. I think the best method for attachment is a couple sheet metal self taper screws into the flloor. I already have countersunk holes in the design. I will also include strips of 3M adhesive and 2 strips of velcro to give the installer some options. I hope to have both designs up on my website by next weekend.

image.jpeg
The double sided tape is more than adequate and screws wouldn't be necessary for the console model.

Man oh man, just catching up on this (been not monitoring MUD so much lately). I am so "in" for one of the floor mount dohickeys when they are ready for sale.

Have bought stuff from @bhicks in the past and am super excited based upon the quality I saw in the 80 series stuff .... :clap:

Last edited:
When will you put these on your site? I need one

Very cool! Exciting to see another neat new product available for our 70-series trucks.

When will you put these on your site? I need one
I'm shooting for some time next weekend. Hopefully I have a slow week in sales so I can dedicate a few of my machines to solely print the 70 series cup holders all week.

Here is the latest revision hard mounted in my BJ74. It arrived in prototype black so I finished it with Rustoleum camouflage brown. It is attached with #10 stainless countersunk sheet metal screws. It is very secure. Do remember this is still a prototype so don't hold the finish against him.
tmp_7763-20170226_175847688909040.jpg
tmp_7763-20170226_180037-1499839855.jpg

Due to the shape of the floor and the nature of the vehicle the only reliable attachment method is screws. The two mounting holes provided are sufficent. I was going to use machine screws and 5mm Nutserts but I decided to try sheet metal screws first since not everyone has the hydraulic insert setting equipment I do. Based on the outcome I will leave it as is as it is quite secure.

Last edited:
Mounting is such that there is enough room for at least some types of radio equipment mounted to the console. I chose to move the holder a bit left of center on the console to provide more parking brake handle clearance. I actually use my brake and I wanted more room.
tmp_7763-20170226_175914-5572853.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted to give you guys a more current update. Normally the end of February through mid April is my slow season. For some reason it never came and I have been crazy busy with orders. I didn't want you guys just waiting forever for these cup holders to be released so I decided to pick up a couple more machines to only print the 70 series cup holders. I'm really hoping that investment will pay off. I got the new machines all dialed in on Sunday and have been printing 70 cup holders since. By Saturday I will have a good sized batch of each design and should have them up on my site either Saturday night or Sunday morning. If they sell out quickly (often the case with newly released products) I will continue to restock every other day until orders slow down. At that point I will restock once a week like my other products.

We are extremely fortunate to have someone go through this much trouble for a relatively small client base. :)
I'm hopeful the international client base will step up a bit on my etsy page. I ship all over the world every day through my etsy page.

Alright guys, after a couple months of working on this project I finally have both designs 100% done and a good sized batch of each design made. They are officially up on my website and my etsy page (international shipping). The etsy page link is on my website. I don't know if this batch will last hours, days, or weeks but I will continue to make more and restock as quick as I can. If you see "sold out" I will restock every other day until things slow down. All I can ask is that you be patient. I will get them made and shipped out as quickly as possible. I will only post on my site what I have in stock so shipping will not be delayed. No backorders or waiting lists. Here's the link:
70 Series Double Cup Holder | BH3D Printing

No.

Bucket seats only.

Sorry if I missed it..... but will the floor mount version work with the 3/4 bench seat setup? Even if not, I salute you for taking the time to figure out a solution for as many different models as you have. So many 70 series variants out there!
No. I will look into a dash mounted single cup holder for the front bench guys some time soon. Will probably need Dan's help on that project as well. Once things slow down on these cup holders I will move on to a single cup holder for the bench guys and a mirrored floor mount model for the LHD guys. My current floor mount model will work for the LHD and RHD but a mirrored option will allow you the center the cup holder a bit better if that is desired. I just can't design and release everything at once or I will get buried with orders. I made that mistake with the 3rd Gen 4Runner guys. I came out with the Single, Double, and rear in the 2WD auto, 4WD auto, and manual for the RHD and LHD on the same day. That was INSANE. Will not make that mistake twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom