What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced all four soft bake lines. There wasn't anything wrong with the old ones, but I wanted the longer lines since I just installed a new suspension. I also figured it would give me some peace of mind knowing they were all new.

IMG_5264.JPG

IMG_5263.JPG

Last edited:
Where did you get those brake lines?

Toyota still has them. Part numbers 96940-34805 (2" longer than stock) for the lines going to the axles, and 96910-32305 for the lines going to the front calipers.

If you don't need the long ones for the axles, the stock length lines are 96940-34305.

Toyota still has them. Part numbers 96940-34805 (2" longer than stock) for the lines going to the axles, and 96910-32305 for the lines going to the front calipers.

If you don't need the long ones for the axles, the stock length lines are 96940-34305.
Sweet thanks for PN#!

I'm getting old as I'm getting tired of crawling on the ground! The lift I should have done years ago!

Me too; just installed the same one!

Finished my knuckle rebuild.
Don't want to do it ever again.

Knuckle rebuild 1.jpg

Polishing the journal for the inner axle oil seal.

To support the trunnion bearing races, a 1/2" x 2" carriage bolt sitting on a big washer and supporting a socket served the purpose although it didn't seem necessary.

Made a tool for polishing the pitting out of the knuckle balls so they wouldn't chew up the new seals.
2" delrin bar with a 3/8" stud threaded into it, machined on the front face to match the radius of the ball.
Machined it close to the right concave then wrapped a piece of 100 grit paper, grit side out on the ball and ran the delrin against it.

A series of steps to get them smooth.
Phosphoric acid, flat file, then the following on the cupped tool with double stick tape, 180 grit paper, 320 grit, valve grinding compound then finished with scotch brite.

Knuckle rebuild 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom