Adapter for NV4500 to stock HF2A T-case -- group purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well for a $100 deposit to make this happen at 5 I'm okay with that. I haven't even started my project but the way I see it all the parts I need have many sources, but this piece has only one source. I certainly understand priorities in a business so if 5 people puts this much further up the list then I'm cool with that. A one off unit was sent in three weeks so if 5 of us can convince him to crank them out in a month or two I'm okay with that. I'm nowhere near needing this but at $500-$600, I'm okay with these parts sitting on a shelf in my garage until next year when I need them. With me raising my hand how many of us does that make? The few of you that aren't near to the point of needing this, are you willing to move forward on this anyway?
I would be willing to move forward if we have someone in the group close enough to collect our $ and drive there to pick up the final product.

@Mattgbank, @bigfj62, @Dubbinchris, @Craig Fletcher

Diesel projects are slow, watching the prototype adapter project is also slow, but I don't think waiting any longer will help. I think it's best to close the group buy and move forward. Please PM me so we can discuss the details.

If anyone else is sitting on the fence, last call.

I'm going as fast as I can.
We're like kids on Christmas morning when it comes to this swap. Unfortunately, life and money usually get in the way. Keep us posted, we're watching that thread.

Missed you at GSMTR, hopefully we can compare diesels at GSMTR '17.

We're like kids on Christmas morning when it comes to this swap. Unfortunately, life and money usually get in the way. Keep us posted, we're watching that thread.

Missed you at GSMTR, hopefully we can compare diesels at GSMTR '17.
I am nearly done, hoping to be able to fire her up this weekend.

I was bummed I wasn't ready for GSMTR, I'll be there next year.

Group purchase closes on Aug 1st. As of now there are 3 people in on the purchase, which brings the cost from $840 down to $700. With even one more person, the price will drop again, if 2 more people get in, it will drop to the $550-600 price range. These adapters are the only one on the market and there are no other discounts available.

I understand there have been some issues with Dustin, but there's many more satisfied customers. As part of what we've negotiated, the adapters are all completed, boxed, and sitting on the shelf. Here's how it works, the group pays on Aug 1, the boxes ship on Aug 1. Pretty simple.

I should join this group buy just to have it for the future. I'll have to mull it over and look at finances in the next few days.

Cim, you really should if your thinking about swapping back to the HF2AV.

I am tempted to get another to put on the shelf...but with the new BJ42, I have enough parts I need to order.

Cim, you really should if your thinking about swapping back to the HF2AV.

I am tempted to get another to put on the shelf...but with the new BJ42, I have enough parts I need to order.
In my mind I can swap the split case in the BJ when I go the 5 speed route like you.

The group purchase is closed and I wanted to share my experience with Dustin Allmaras of Diesel Adapters. Over the course of this extended group buy, I've had several conversations with Dustin and he always took my call or called me back. He was open and willing to work with me and I never felt as though I got off the phone without my questions being answered. He had all packages ready to ship and as soon as he had payment, he shipped them all on the same day. My build is still a ways off, but it appears to be well made. I understand early models allowed some leaking from the tranny fluid to the T-case, but this has been corrected. I can't speak for the experience of others, but I can only share my experience.

adapter.jpg

So far I can parrot the same sentiment. I just got off the water from sailing but there is supposedly a box waiting for me on the front porch for me.

Dang! I just missed the group buy! I bought my 1995 80 with a broken timing chain two months ago for $1000 and just picked up a 1994 12 valve 5 speed last night for $2000. Any chance anyone has Dustins number. The one on his website isn't working...

Thanks Beau Diddly. I was able to talk to him. Their shop is just a half hour up the road and he said he had a couple left on the shelf. Im going run up there and get one and check out a couple of their conversions they are working on right.

Hey guys, Is Dustin still in business? I have been trying for two weeks to get ahold of him. I've been trying to order the NV4500 to H2FA adapter from the web site but the checkout feature is having issues. It wont let me complete the purchase. I've email, called, etc with no response. This is the last part needed for the conversion in our 91 FJ80. Thx in advance.

Hey guys, Is Dustin still in business? I have been trying for two weeks to get ahold of him. I've been trying to order the NV4500 to H2FA adapter from the web site but the checkout feature is having issues. It wont let me complete the purchase. I've email, called, etc with no response. This is the last part needed for the conversion in our 91 FJ80. Thx in advance.
I sense this guy has a raging case of ADD, but his work is good. If he's sold all of his adapters, he's probably sick of making them and focusing on bigger fish. He'll come back to it, especially if he has a couple of people interested, he doesn't like doing a one off fab. This is all speculation on my part having done business with him, but what is inexcusable is his lack of responsiveness. What do you do, his work is good and no one else is making it. Good luck.

Well Diddly....there in lies my dilemma. I have the ability to make one. Probably faster than he can get me one but he designed it and from what I hear makes a good product. I don't mind spending my money on a good product and rewarding someone for their time and effort. That way I can focus on the larger issues. I guess I'll try for another week or so to contact him then figure out what to do.

On another note....great forum. I hardly ever post but spend a lot of time researching here. Truly great information here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom