Berliner and bumpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a 80 back In September. I am getting ready with big box of parts and a long list of items to get after. I am pondering ripping my 3 remaining fender flares off and will Bedliner the fenders. I have a custom built double swing rear bumper and a ARB front deer magnet up front. I want to paint the bumpers with liner. I painted fenders on a military truck a few years back I found that when I thinned out the liner it sprayed relatively smooth. I sold that truck shortly after I built and don't know if the liner held up over time. Has anyone done this before? Having a few warm days here in Vermont has got me itching to get it out of storage and start wrenching. Too bad it will snow here in May:)

im also curious to see what holds up since im stationed in California and will probably be here for a while. what do you plan on filling the holes with?

Ich bin ein Berliner. ;)

Reactions: MoJ
mmmm

Berliners-2-of-3.jpg

img}

I think for bumpers that will kiss rocks occasionally, it Wong matter whether they are covered in spray paint, powder coat, or bedliner, as they all scratch about the same. Spray paint is a bit easier to touch up.

For the record I can spell. Autocorrect is a biatch, I think I wil hit the bumpers with John Deere Blitz Black. I was planning on either taping the holes over, or inserting some plastic trim panel plugs and then spraying over those. On a side note I passed the technician class HAM test today :)

I like to coat bumpers, sliders and such with Rustoleum spray on bedliner. Its not flat but not glossy and seems to be quit UV stable. It's not tough like Linex or Monstaliner but easily touched up and I like the textured finish.

I sprayed my last vehicles bumpers with Raptor, and did my new sliders as well. When doing tubes and angles, use lots of good primer, and use way more liner than you think you need. There were little bits in the tight corners we didn't spray as thick and missed little spots and they started to rust a bit after 3 years or so. Easily touched up, and pretty rugged.

I'll do it again to new bumpers. I like the look and feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom