PrInSu Design Studio - 80 series roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My rack is custom coated (by me) but just gloss black metallic.

I'm interested in this rack, but it looks like the cross bars are a little lower than the sides. How are you guys putting rrt's on them? I have an Arb and I don't think it will fold out correctly if the sides are higher than the cross bars.

I'm interested in this rack, but it looks like the cross bars are a little lower than the sides. How are you guys putting rrt's on them? I have an Arb and I don't think it will fold out correctly if the sides are higher than the cross bars.
Does the RTT not sit on its own bar of some sort? its a minimal rise, I cant imagine it would interfere.

Does not interfere. Just run the RTT bars perpindicular to the roof rack bars. You can turn it either way by just swapping the orientation of the RTT bars - Driver/Passenger access or rear access.
One note: not sure how the others attach, but my CVT is a PITA to get to. If you remove the roof ribs it's a bit easier. Trying to think up a secure quick disconnect somehow. I have some ideas.

Does not interfere. Just run the RTT bars perpindicular to the roof rack bars. You can turn it either way by just swapping the orientation of the RTT bars - Driver/Passenger access or rear access.
One note: not sure how the others attach, but my CVT is a PITA to get to. If you remove the roof ribs it's a bit easier. Trying to think up a secure quick disconnect somehow. I have some ideas.

It has been so long since I mounted my tent I forgot about those "bars" under the tent. Thanks for the reminder!

I'd be interested to see what you come up with for a quick disconnect. It is a PITA to install and remove and it looks like it will be even more difficult on the Prinsu rack. That's why it has been on the rack so long. The last time I pulled it off I removed the rack with the tent still attached then used Yakima bars for a rack. Not ideal!

so I finally, and I mean damn finally, started putting mine together.... :rolleyes:

Anyone else have the rails not follow the gutter profile very well? Mine touch in about 3 places down the length, and if the front touches the back doesn't and vice versa. Looking at photos on here I see a few gaps above the rear sliding window, so maybe it is not uncommon.

I get that perfection is not expected, but I'm seeing the benefit of just leaving 4-5 little feet down the length...:meh:

so I finally, and I mean damn finally, started putting mine together.... :rolleyes:

Anyone else have the rails not follow the gutter profile very well? Mine touch in about 3 places down the length, and if the front touches the back doesn't and vice versa. Looking at photos on here I see a few gaps above the rear sliding window, so maybe it is not uncommon.

I get that perfection is not expected, but I'm seeing the benefit of just leaving 4-5 little feet down the length...:meh:

Mine clamped down nicely, that long rail is more flexible than it looks. Just tighten the clamps alternating and even and it seats well along the entire length. I have had zero issues with mine over the past year running both full luggage loads and empty.

Ok I got my install done. Figured I would leave my review here since this seems to be THE thread about a Prinsu rack :)

1. Wind noise - yes there is some. Not bad. About as much, maybe a tad less, from the stock roof rack. I do occasionally get a slight whistle that I think comes from the notches at the front corners of the rack. But I have been driving through windy rainy weather so it's a little more noticeable, but not bad at all.

2. Strength - haven't loaded it up with anything yet, but this thing is very sturdy. After putting it together I was driving around quite a bit and fearful it would become loose and shift around. It stayed put, has practically become part of the cruiser. If anything I think my windhshield is moving around now... WTF?

3. Looks - this rack is BEAUTIFUL. One of the main reasons I got it. love the low profile design, the black coating is great.

4. Installation - pretty dang easy, especially following the guidance of staring the screws on the wind deflector then sliding it into the rail as you go. And I think what put the cherry on top was my impact screwdriver, I would definitely advise to tighten everything up with one of those.

5. One thing I noticed that I didn't see brought up anywhere was the very close proximity to the gutter mounts and the doors. Maybe I did mine wrong.... but the bolts are just BARELY above the doors so the rubber seal hits it every time I close the door. NBD but hoping it wont tear it up after a few years. Freaked me out at first when it wasnt 100% tightened up because the doors were hitting the bolts.

Overall, very happy with it. Would recommend

IMG_8423.JPG

IMG_8426.JPG

Another note on the prinsu rack, which I guess can apply to any rack really. I don't keep my cruiser in the garage and it got covered in snow. The rack makes it difficult to get to the snow so I left it all there to melt. The problem is they becomes these ice chunks that slide around and create annoying rattle noises. So from now on if a storm comes through I will either put my cruiser in the garage or cover the top with a piece of wood. Just a thought.... still love my rack though!!

Anyone order raw aluminum and rattle canned the finish? Would love to see the results...

I have raw aluminum, keeping it that way. It's got the Jetson's aircraft vibe going on. No oxidation or fade at all, holding up awesome, and it's been on for almost 1.5 years!

Mind posting a couple pics? I was thinking of going that route too.

We had the Prinsu roof rack for road trip in Asia/Europe and it hold pretty well. Sometimes the brackets were getting loose and I had to tighten it little bit but that was all. I would really recommend this roof rack to everybody.

IMG_7452 by jorge sanchez, on Flickr

Does prinsu ever do any specials, aside from group buys? Looks like I just missed out on this one
If you're patient enough, wait about 4 or 5 months, get ahold of Zack and organize another group buy using all the details we used in the old post and I'm sure he'll approve it. 20% it's well worth it. I've never seen any discounts on his site.

If you're patient enough, wait about 4 or 5 months, get ahold of Zack and organize another group buy using all the details we used in the old post and I'm sure he'll approve it. 20% it's well worth it. I've never seen any discounts on his site.

I am in! Let me know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom