What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

replaced leaky radiator, new coolant, upper and lower hoses, thermostat, spark plugs, coils, serpentine belt, tensioner and pulley. Was going to replace fan clutch and fan bracket, but lost interest - will have mechanic replace them next timing belt. (It turns out the tensioner and pulley bearings were going out.)

Gil
Ventura, CA

New front OE shocks, front wheel bearings, and CV reboot completed! Sooo much better! Next up, the rears, probably along with a spacer lift and torsion bar adjustment to match the factory rake..

New front OE shocks, front wheel bearings, and CV reboot completed! Sooo much better! Next up, the rears, probably along with a spacer lift and torsion bar adjustment to match the factory rake..
How many miles where on your originals? Thinking about going oem as well. Thanks

Replaced alternator. Not that much fun.

Probably easier for guys with skinny arms, double jointed wrists and elbows.

I have none of the above.

Oh...you can SEE everything well enough (from underneath), but actually reaching up in there to disconnect the wire leads was a chore.

The connector on the wire harness literally crumbled into pieces. Thankfully, I had a replacement on hand prior to starting the project.

Moving the Power Steering Pump seemed the easiest thing to do, and once that is done you have a lot more room to work.

Loosening or moving certain wire looms and hoses will make JUST ENOUGH room to squeeze the alternator out the bottom without removing the radiator hose.

Finished wiring my dual battery setup! Main: Odyssey Group 31 AGM (still being shipped). Aux: Odyssey 75/86 AGM. I also installed the IBS-RBM kit from Slee. I moved the power source of the ARB compressor to the auxiliary battery from the main (need it for future winch). Next weekend I'll go back and make it look pretty. Right now, I need a beer...... I hate wiring :D

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

Beefed up the front 2 Pinion diff with the TJM air-locker (solid and tougher than nails). Tripple locked. @benc > am missing a swing arm on the right. It's about time.

upload_2017-2-25_17-43-29.png

BEFORE

upload_2017-2-25_17-44-4.png

upload_2017-2-25_17-45-4.png

AFTER
upload_2017-2-25_18-3-0.png

Last edited:
Congrats on the TJM install. (I had my TJM rear installed Wednesday). Headed to Uwharrie next month to work it out-

Fantastic...Am itching to test mine soon. Time to discover other weak points. This wont be it moving forward.

^ Funny. Did the antenna mast too this week. Installed @LandCruiserPhil's mud flap replacements. And cleaned and conditioned the leather seats.

I got the rest of my Ebay keys in, blanks cut by local locksmith and programmed using the brake/gas pedal doe-see-doe. The Ebay vendor was selling a package dealio for non-transponders. I bought the car used, and only ONE lousy key came with it, luckily a master.

Tally:

2 transponders ($60)
4 non-trans ($26)
Cut blanks ( $18.50)
Programming for a 1999 (free)
$104.5

I was able to program a max of 5 as masters, the last is a valet.

Last edited:
Beefed up the front 2 Pinion diff with the TJM air-locker (solid and tougher than nails). Tripple locked. @benc > am missing a swing arm on the right. It's about time.

View attachment 1409658

BEFORE

View attachment 1409659
View attachment 1409661

AFTER
View attachment 1409691

Thanks for the pictures! A great looking truck!

MY TJM front locker is still sitting in its box in my garage. I haven't started looking for someone to install it yet.

Who did your installation? Were there any issues? About how much did it cost?

I'm thinking it is time for me to start moving on getting it installed....

Thanks,
Gil
Ventura

How many miles where on your originals? Thinking about going oem as well. Thanks

186k miles, as far as I could tell they hadn't ever been changed. Went with OEM because I don't have heavy armor/bumpers on the truck and what I found despite the low price, they are actually a high quality shock.

Last edited:
Ever think your getting over your head with a "I've never done this before" project? Nahhh...... :)
View attachment 1408032
And the slee rear bumper arrived today, thanks Christo @sleeoffroad for the excellent service. Just the right timing as my son is home for the weekend to help the old man.
View attachment 1408371
Got the slee rear bumper @sleeoffroad installed. Mr T made part of it harder because a few of the 14m weld nuts were partially blocked by the frame. After some grinding, then more grinding, I clearenced the weld nuts and got the bumper bolted on. The alignment looked good with one thin shim on each side. The swing outs are to follow in a few weeks when the rear springs get here from AU.
IMG_3761.JPG

IMG_3770.JPG

IMG_3774.JPG

IMG_3777.JPG

Last edited:
^ @cmck Nice work on your Slee install. Had the same issue with the offset captured nuts inside the frame tube.

finally figured out how to add pics. santa has arrived.
Slee sliders
slee 2.5 lift with all the goodies
Sweet trail Tailor roof rack
305-70-16 on order
LC came with front
IMG_4097.JPG
IMG_4098.JPG
IMG_4099.JPG
IMG_4100.JPG
IMG_4101.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back