Group buy synthetic cable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hope everybody enjoyed it. I put some cash toward a CDL switch so when I'm ready for a hitch, I'll swing by and pick one up. The hard part is being up in Lawrence and remembering to buy one. It's not often I'm up there anymore

Thanks Custom Splice for helping us with a group buy. You guys put together a great product and I look forward to installing and using the new line to pull someone else out!

I will post up some pics of the install process once I get it on.

Thanks again!

Mike

Sent from my SM-N900P using IH8MUD

Thanks Todd!!!

Great folks to work with, and they have Cnc machine, making their own fairleads.

Cool one had "step back" so it eliminated rubbing on the winch plate. Somebody post the pictures of this.

I have more pictures to post once I get them off my camera.

I already mounted mine so here is the best picture I could get.

ForumRunner_20140127_110133.jpg

Also I didn't have to drill and tap for a bolt on my Harbor freight winch. Where the set screw went through it was about a1/4" so I used that hole with a new bolt. I have an extra bolt if you want it 2f.

ForumRunner_20140127_110404.jpg

ForumRunner_20140127_110423.jpg

ForumRunner_20140127_110133.jpg

ForumRunner_20140127_110404.jpg

ForumRunner_20140127_110423.jpg

Thanks again

Typically in a group buy, something goes a little wrong...... If that is the norm, well we screwed up, because this one was perfect.

When we got to the shop, Todd had donuts and coffee waiting for us! The place had all the equipment to make the lines, plus a full CNC machine to make these awesome fairleads and other items.

Jacob was a trooper for making the long drive to Lawrence in the pilot chair! Good work!

Then, Todd said that he could fire up the lazer engraver and put anything on the fairleads or receiver hitch recovery points. HECK YES.

Check out the Foo on my new pieces!

We spent more time searching for the right Font than the machine took to permanently add a one off touch.

Wish I had a picture of the new fairlead that Mike added. Basically, the synthetic line does not like abrasions. When you typically add a fairlead, you are bolting it to the big metal section that holds the winch that has a rectangle hole in it for the line to pass through. Well, you now have a small gap between the two pieces of metal, perfect for a rock to get wedged into. His new fairlead has a lip that extends toward the winch, inside of that metal part, eliminating that weak point.

I really liked the receiver hitch recovery point. Add a 3/4 D Ring shackle and it will pull Foo out of whatever trouble she gets into.

To top off the day, we found a nice little place that served suds on Mass. Who would of thought???

Anyway, thanks to Todd, Mike, Rob and the others that helped make this happen.

If you need line, go to customsplice.com or call PM or call Todd. He won't steer you wrong.

Also, if you are going to SMORR this year, you may see Todd and his CNC Tech on the trails with us, and don't be surprised to see some of the bling on our raffle table with some custom engraving.

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2322.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

Here is a link to their site. Yes they sell and maintain winches.

http://www.customsplice.com/

Also, the fairlead that I am talking about is a shoulder fairlead. We need better pics of it!!

I think weejub bought one too. Maybe he can put up some pics.

Anyone want to try to set up another group buy from Custom Splice?

Maybe even have one of our monthly meetings at their shop in Lawrence?

I'd be in too, since it looks like I'll be picking up a winch soon.

I'm in as well. Maybe shoot for last half of April get together as my sister in IL should be doing pretty good on rehab by then.

Interested? Yes. Time and Money? Pending on sale of the house in Jefferson City.
Extra funding is directed to dear stand at this time. Deer stand is on my trailer and must be removed from trailer before house is sold.
Long Story. Vicious circle. I'm watching this to see if the trifecta comes together.

Custom Splice is willing to do something. Need to pick a May date for meeting over there.

Saturday May 20 works but it would have to be in the morning for me to make it. Have a Boy Scout thing that afternoon/evening.

Saturday May 6, 13 and 27 I'm open all day.

We are on vacation May 11th through the 22nd in Florida, so of Mike's dates, the 6th or 27th would work for me. But if they don't need the rig there, I can send funds along with someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom