Have you tried everything and your sunroof still leaks? Here is your solution! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Why am I redoing the interior? The PO ripped out the carpet because it was wet and developed mildew followed by yucky smells and my daughter can't stand it etc etc. The seats looked like crap because why? WATER thats why! Whenever driving in a torrential downpour it drips on my head on my shoulder on my knee. I searched all the threads and did every single mod. It got better but it still dripped. I gave up until today. I went ghetto on my headliner and now everything is exposed and I found the culprit that has been causing me to go irrational every time it rains.

BMn9TujOtAkBUjZhJu2wUpbHk7Q34ctOq6N7SB8CTDXqnNkUUt0bRMzOYI_Dpvf1GezgartkfyNELmhXQFZn6-UJgmVLRLAjA2qU4ISBVAVJ2Xc97H7djwpwTd9Paab3jGyPhFQ9GOoyK6ujGWdkNm03XrVV6U5BptOC70cipql1N8RTja9vB8zeXKK9H2g9PO-KVyOkC4yncQg3KEyOPFf0nFKwIuhQAGggepva46dKGXYa2oE7GkDdnm1nbAa7G_lhhIo44DDvZCHOD-niniH9-kaag4jZOFGCY1XoaObUiu8TgAP0N9FeTeUqvQsniPRPY5LI4gCe4Gn_wbNq9OhvbWoci2mjkDN3zpphm0zK67ozLu5W7KY5Y-QKzEWLdPts9fRjS0V7GLGK0wwxryHmOFsOrsxfqIJ967-JfP3rwBST8MJx2IAmzUdKKCtahzKLOKsRgGP82ufOgYEo10Ej3ivP7kT3GbsZcPT4H-OaLWllYQ5cS5aO-pHv8ZXR-DAPzM8C1tcvrL7jAMqLhmYkLQ5VszL0SWRSJMygu9kZWZIYikugNLUHBA9JykSBE3je9q-cXsEnXqhQBVXSKQnRILNqtho-xuHk7MVPezOe0lLb=w820-h1093-no

If you are working on a pre 95 vehicle, I hope this vid helps with the locations of all the stuff. Good luck! I will be using silicone hoses and right there where it enters the C pillar I will use a 45 degree elbow.

Thanks for posting the video.....Now I know what's under there!

Did you not try to snake it? I have run a line up from the rear quarter outlet to the roof. And I have carefully removed the grab handles, pulled back the liner and inspected the rear connections. Point is, you can check both ends without tearing the headliner down. The snake would have probably found the crimp. Guess it's water under the bridge now :grinpimp:.

Also, after spending a few hours over 6 months trying to find my leak, I found it loading a Christmas tree a couple years ago. I was tying it on the roof and the rear foot of the OM rack came up 6 inches. My leak only occurred when in a car wash, so the high pressure jets pushed water under the foot and down the roof, onto the Mrs. Just another FYI for those searching.

Last edited:
Did you not try to snake it? I have run a line up from the rear quarter outlet to the roof. And I have carefully removed the grab handles, pulled back the liner and inspected the rear connections. Point is, you can check both ends without tearing the headliner down. The snake would have probably found the crimp. Guess it's water under the bridge now :grinpimp:.

Also, after spending a few hours over 6 months trying to find my leak, I found it loading a Christmas tree a couple years ago. I was tying it on the roof and the rear foot came up 6 inches. My leak only occurred when in a car wash, so the high pressure jets pushed water under the foot and down the roof, onto the Mrs. Just another FYI for those searching.

I did do the snake method using the weed trimmer string. That went through no problem. The issue is always when parked on an incline or during heavier rain. Im glad all that crap is out and I can fully inspect every nook and cranny.

My cruiser has zero roof rails. I guess that was not an option on the HDJ81.

Sooooo did that 95-97 headliner ever work? What’s the verdict? I’m currently in the same boat

View attachment 2825975
Yup!! It sure did. Everything matches up. If you get the newer model headliner remember to also grab all the A, B,C, D trim pieces. The A pillar trim piece is a bit tight where it meets the dash.

Yup!! It sure did. Everything matches up. If you get the newer model headliner remember to also grab all the A, B,C, D trim pieces. The A pillar trim piece is a bit tight where it meets the dash.
Got pics? Haha now I’m on the hunt for a new headliner hopefully it’s not like searching for a unicorn.. this fabric headliner was filthy underneath and I’ve been putting this job off for way too long !

Mine is doing the same thing. I lost it a few times laughing at your video and feel your pain. Gonna go check mine out.

I just completely gutted my 91 including cutting out the headliner. It had been sitting in my back lot for the last couple years and mice took over. I tried to salvage the headliner, but it wasn't happening.

Anyway, both of my rear sunroof drains were kinked just like the video. My next step is deciding if I want to bother replacing the headliner or keep it ugly and just spray some lizard skin up there or something.

My headliner in my 91 is still ok but I am thinking of removing my rear washer hose and replacing the hole with a backup camera. Is there anyway to snake the line through up there without removing the headliner or no go? Looks like I’d need to remove it from what I’m seeing in the pics but it’s hard to tell. Thanks for showing the drain lines. Priceless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom